No Huddle (Poll)

Should we update our no huddle rules?

• Total voters

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Glen Cieske raised an interesting point in our Group Me chat. He said that he is running a flexbone no huddle this year. This was after I kidding suggested I was going to run a pro style no huddle. So, it made me wonder if our no huddle rule is in need of being updated.

No Huddle.png

This was taken from our League Rules and Regulations

Personally, I was at an Iowa game earlier this year and they were running the no huddle out of two TE singleback and I-Form sets. I thought it was ridiculous at the time but it was still done. According to NCAA Football 14 flexbone teams like Army and Navy run the no huddle as well. Now, I'm not sure if that is true or not but, if so, it certainly suggests that maybe we should allow it in the league. And to that point, in college football these days, is there a reason to disallow the no huddle in any instance?

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
That also begs the question: Do we go back to sticking to a specific playbook or keep the improvised "style" rule? In theory, if I say I'm a "pro spread offense" I could really use just about any playbook whereas a "spread no huddle" wouldn't be expected to use I-Form and 2-TE sets and "flexbone" would be further limited. I'll let y'all decide. I know which way I'm leaning but interested to see how you guys feel...

Paytonno1son

Hall of Famer
I agree that it can be used for "other than" spread teams. As long as their are no AI concerns, I'm fine with it. Plus I already know that the guys that use it are cheaters.:cool:

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Ok. I will change the rules to allow no huddle at any time. However, you must notate in the playbooks thread that you are a no huddle team so that your opponent knows what to expect.