New Ownership

Cornhuskerkid02

Contributor
Investment mogul Garret James and his partners have officially taken ownership over of the Steelers. James said that no changes would be made on staff until the end of the season and all other football decisions would go through football people. Saying he wants to just be a fan, James wants to put a winning product back on the field for the Steelers.

James did hint that despite Antonio Brown not wanting to negotiate, there would be NO way he'd end up in FA. He bluntly said, "I'll make one football decision as owner, and that's we are going to tag Brown. He's a Steeler for life, and I'll prove to him I'm willing to pay to keep him."

In other news, the team announced that all the teams games would be available for a team stream through the team's website. James said, "We live in an age where whether we like it or not, everything is already streamed. This will just give easier and safe access to our games for our fans."

In game news, despite their 3-6 record the Steelers are in the mix of the dreadful AFC North. With their win this week versus the Colts, 28-13 the Steelers played really conservative. Jumping out to a 28-3 lead midway through the second quarter allowed them to stay conservative. Jalen Hurd made his first career start and played well, finishing with 19 attempts for 92 yards. It was a good start for the ownership group and with Antonio Brown coming back in a couple of weeks, the Steelers may actually be able to turn this season around and make the playoffs. Time will tell.