NBA 2K15 Soundtrack to be Curated by Pharrell Williams

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I'm So Happy! I feel like I'm in a room without a roof!​

NBA2K15.png

Well, not really. I'm just thinking that is what the folks at 2K Sports want us all to be signing (I know, those are not the actual lyrics, work with me here) now that they have announced Pharrell Williams will be curating the soundtrack for NBA 2k15. Undoubtedly, Williams' hit single "Happy" from the Despicable Me 2 Soundtrack will be making an appearance in the game. What that means is that we will all be signing the song's catchy hook as we drain fadeways with Rudy Gay and make players question their manhood with DeAndre Jordan.

What does that mean for the soundtrack itself, though? Pharrell has collaborated with hit artists like Daft Punk, Kendrick Lamar, Azaealia Banks, Cee Lo Green, T.I. and Robin Thicke just in the past few years. We can expect a few of the top hits from those artists to be featured prominently. Additionally, Pharrell's 20 years in the music business have seen him work with other hit artists like Nelly, Jay-Z, Justin Timberlake, Snoop Dogg and Ludacris, among others. We can likely expect some of their most popular music to be featured as well. Pharrell has always had a diverse palette when it comes to music so I think we can expect another well-rounded effort for the NBA 2K15 soundtrack.

2K is going to a pop icon for the third-straight year to select the game's music. The past two iterations have gone well with LeBron James hand-picking the music for NBA 2K14 and Jay-Z putting together the soundtrack for NBA 2K13. This year's version should be just as good (LeBron did an exceptional job in my opinion) as the previous iterations, if not better.

NBA 2K15 releases October 7, 2014 for the PlaySation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.

So what do you think of Pharrell picking the game's music? Are you burnt out on "Happy" or do you think the soundtrack, overall, will impress you?

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
I think Pharrell is an absolute musical genius. And he changed the way of wearing hats for the world.

That's all the input I have for this topic.