MUT in Madden 16

pack1797

Staff member
I know a lot of guys here played some Madden Ultimate Team, especially right after release last year. I played some myself, but got pretty bored with it. Are any of you planning on playing MUT this year? If not, what would EA need to do to bring you back or get you interested?

woodsmall12

All-Star
I'd play it again ... Would like it if they made a way to play against your friends tho ... Also the new Draft Challenge will prolly eat up some of my MUT time as I like the idea of how it should work

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I definitely like the idea of being able to easily compete against my friends MUT teams.

I lose interest after a few weeks usually bc guys spend so much money and build their teams up so quick that it's hard to compete. And the individual challenges get boring pretty quick for me.

The new challenge might be interesting. But I think the thing that would make MUT more interesting for me is adding more old time players. I'd like to be able to compete an all-Vikings teams that wasn't full of a lot of 60-something overall guys. They are making tens, if not hundreds, of millions on MUT. Take some of that and re-invest in more former players. I could get into the solo challenges more too if I was unlocking some of those guys. It just can't be where I have to win 16 games, using 90+ ground and pound and have 6 gold badges tho. That stuff is pointless to me.

pack1797

Staff member
The pay to win structure kills it for me. I get that you dont have to spend a ton of cash, but unless you get the special edition with some free packs and get lucky, you gonna have to eventually pay up.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Well, the special edition is only 3 packs per week. So that's not gonna get you there quick.

I saw a guy on Twitter today that said his budget was $150 a month on MUT o_O I mean, who can compete with that? And who wants to?

It's now become a game of young people with disposable income who think having a 99 OVR MUT team is some great accomplishment. But think of what that $1,000 you spent to get it could have been used for. It's a video game...

But I've heard guys sell their teams for several hundred dollars so there that I guess. Just not my cup of tea. But I think they can give the average guy like us more value while keeping the guys dumping serious dough invested too. Maybe with tiers where you can only play teams rated like yours or users with similar experience. At least balance it out. Some of those guys buy 99 OVR teams just so they can blow guys who can't afford it out. That ruins it.

Paytonno1son

Hall of Famer
It can get frustrating for sure, but it helps me pass time between league games. Its satisfying though when you beat a stacked team.