Mid-Season Review

Tigers20

All-Star
packers-green-bay-packers-36347423-1900-1200.jpg

Wade Wolfman/Press/Gazette Media
Green Bay- This season has reached the midway point and the Packers are on a mission. They began streaking through the league blazing a path to 8-0! Fans are elated. The coaching staff is focused. The team is serious.

120928huddle420.jpg

"Every game matters. This team is focused and executes the game-plan each and every week. Whether we're the underdog or the favorite, it does not change our preparation, execution, nor our goal. We're here to play our game the way we play it. It's up to our opponents to stop it. So far that hasn't happened. We will keep our heads down and push forward."
Owner - Easy E
With every week that passes the target grows. Who wouldn't want to beat a team that no other has so far? Nobody. Each time the ferocious Pack take the field the will to win from opposing threats stregthens. How far can this team go? With the playoffs looking more as a guarantee at this point, there are some serious challenges staring the Packers in the face. Joey Leonard is now down for 4 weeks with broken ribs. In the next 4 weeks the Packers travel to Carolina and Washington to finish off a 4 game road trip. They return home to welcome a very talented Falcons unit and a visit from the rival Bears. Backup QB Zach Mettenberger will be under center and has looked solid thus far finishing off the Jaguars in their backyard. Mettenberger went 14/20 for 229 yards with 2 touchdowns and 2 interceptions. The running game will be key, while Leonard recovers and Tamani Redmon looks more than ready to accept the challenge. Redmond has opened up his rookie year with a bang rushing for 801 yards on 172 attempts, while adding 9 touchdowns. Redmond is currently the second leading rusher in the NFL and his future looks bright. This offensive unit though 8 games looks to be prepared to make adjustments where needed to secure a win. Whether the game-plan calls for a brutalizing rushing attack or a dominating air performance the Packers have executed.

"I love this offense! The O-line creates holes and the balance of run and pass works perfect for me. I couldn't have been drafted by a better organization and I feel very fortunate to be here." Tamani Redmon

"I'm ready to step up and fulfill my role for this team. I'm no rookie and I feel I have prepared myself to take over in any situation." Zach Mettenberger
USATSI_8946368.jpg

"Coach says it all the time, Be the defense that wins championships. I have committed to this vision and I believe as a whole we are all on board." Chandler Jones
After watching this defense halfway through the year the stats speak. As a unit this is now the second overall rated defense in the NFL they started with a focus at the beginning of the year to take the ball away, stop teams on 3rd down, and get the offense back on the field. They have racked up 16 interceptions and 19 sacks. On average they allow 13 points and 219 yards a game. They have forced a plus 7 turnover differential and look poised to finish off the back half of the schedule the way they eliminated the front. This rugged defensive unit looks just as serious as they did in the beginning of the year and expectations continue to rise.

"No fly zone. That's our mission every game. This secondary matches up with the best in the business. Rayshon has worked hard and meshes perfectly since starting. Casey and Tramon lock down their sectors and I have made a commitment to play with higher intensity and stronger motor from here on out. We'll put the league on notice." Julius Scott

With 8 more games to go Green Bay is buzzing the hometown team has impressed. As the team looks forward to the challenges ahead the world will be watching. Green Bay will be behind this unbeaten Packer team til the end. Get Loud and Proud Lambeau!! Go Packers!!!

b99415207z.1_20141225211757_000_grn9a06s.1-1.jpg

Last edited: