Madden 25 (PS3) Sim League Interest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Madden 15 is set to drop in just over 4 months (Aug. 26), and while I plan to scoop it up day 1 most likely, there's still an entire summer to go until then. In the meantime, if there's anyone interested in getting a Madden 25 Sim League going, feel free to post your interest below.

Probably won't be too big, but I'd like at least 5-6 users. Just looking for a causal, fun league until the next game debuts. Want to get at least a full season done, maybe 2 (possibly 3????).

If it goes well, we can use the M25 league as a base to build interest for a M15 league when it debuts

If interested, answer these 3 questions:
  1. How soon can you start?
  2. What advance schedule would work for you (48 hrs, 72 hrs?)
  3. Have you ever played sim-style?

This site's a bit sleepy at the moment, but I'll be checking in until at least July 2014 for interest. We can start whenever we get a minimal amount of users interested. Join and bring a friend!

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
Is probably be cool for a M15 league. The only question really is, is everyone moving to ps4? I still have the dead technology ps3. It's about as good as a VHS tape now.

Nympholepsy42

Contributor
I'll be interested in a Madden league potentially. Haven't played one online. I've tried a few NCAA ones but never liked the gameplay. What kind of set up does Madden have?

Guiser98

Contributor
Haven't really played Madden much. Always liked college better. Not much of an American football fan but trying to learn the NFL more. I'd like to hear about this type of league as well.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I'll be interested in a Madden league potentially. Haven't played one online. I've tried a few NCAA ones but never liked the gameplay. What kind of set up does Madden have?
Haven't really played Madden much. Always liked college better. Not much of an American football fan but trying to learn the NFL more. I'd like to hear about this type of league as well.

I ran a Madden league a couple of years ago and it was a lot of fun. woodsmall12 was in it with me.

The coolest past was the draft, honestly. We would get everyone on a group chat (which I think we can do through PSN now) and have an offline chat too (GroupMe or AIM). Guys would be talking about the picks and talking trades. It gets to be a lot of fun.

We always run "sim" style leagues which means guys play the game like a real coach would (mixing up play calls and using realistic strategies). No abusing of AI flaws, money plays, stat padding etc. Now everyone likes to play that way and hopefully we can have some of those leagues as well, but that's what kind of leagues we like to roll.

Generally team selection is usually done by submitting your 1st, 2nd and 3rd choices to me in a private message. Then I'll assign teams based on preference. For some reason, guys get a team they care about more likely with this method vs a traditional draft.

As we get closer to the Madden 15 release, I'll post a sign up thread for at least one Madden league (PS4). If there is someone that wants to run a PS3 version (maybe Futuriistiics ) we can set that up as well.

I ran a Madden league a couple of years ago and it was a lot of fun. woodsmall12 was in it with me.

The coolest past was the draft, honestly. We would get everyone on a group chat (which I think we can do through PSN now) and have an offline chat too (GroupMe or AIM). Guys would be talking about the picks and talking trades. It gets to be a lot of fun.

We always run "sim" style leagues which means guys play the game like a real coach would (mixing up play calls and using realistic strategies). No abusing of AI flaws, money plays, stat padding etc. Now everyone likes to play that way and hopefully we can have some of those leagues as well, but that's what kind of leagues we like to roll.

Generally team selection is usually done by submitting your 1st, 2nd and 3rd choices to me in a private message. Then I'll assign teams based on preference. For some reason, guys get a team they care about more likely with this method vs a traditional draft.

As we get closer to the Madden 15 release, I'll post a sign up thread for at least one Madden league (PS4). If there is someone that wants to run a PS3 version (maybe Futuriistiics ) we can set that up as well.

Yeah, I don't think I'll be upgrading to PS4 for a while yet, so if we have enough stragglers still on PS3, I'll definitely be willing to set that up or just be a part of it

Status
Not open for further replies.