Madden 16 Top 5 TE Ratings

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Today EA continued with their daily release of ratings for the Top 5 players at a certain position. This time it is TE's. Gronk leads the way at a perfect 99 overall followed by Jimmy Graham (95), Jason Witten (93), Greg Olsen (92) and Travis Kelce (91). See below for the full breakdown.

Madden 16 Top TEs.png

ROB GRONKOWSKI (99 OVR)
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
6’6, 265 POUNDS

Gronk has three of the top ratings among tight ends with 94 Spectacular Catch, 98 Catch in Traffic, and 95 Release. He adds 94 Catching and 82 SPD/87 ACC/84 JMP/84 SFA. When healthy, there’s nobody better.

JIMMY GRAHAM (95 OVR)
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
6’7, 265 POUNDS

Russell Wilson will welcome Graham and his 92 Catching, 90 Spectacular Catch, and 88 Catch in Traffic. He can fight for the ball with 85 SPD/92 JMP/87 RTE/88 REL.

JASON WITTEN (93 OVR)
DALLAS COWBOYS
6’6, 263 POUNDS

Witten does not dazzle with speed and quickness, but still features skills like 95 Catching, 92 Catch in Traffic, 88 Route Running, 85 Release, and 79 Spectacular Catch.

GREG OLSEN (92 OVR)
CAROLINA PANTHERS
6’5, 253 POUNDS

Olsen is an exceptional end zone target for Cam Newton with 89 Catching, 89 Jumping, 88 Spectacular Catch, 88 Release, and 87 Catch in Traffic.

TRAVIS KELCE (91 OVR)
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
6’5, 260 POUNDS

After missing his entire rookie season due to injury, Kelce shined in his on-field debut in 2014. He brings 89 Catching, 89 Jumping, 88 Spectacular Catch, 87 Catch in Traffic, 88 Release, and 81 Route Running. He also features 85 Run Block, tops among tight ends.

----------

Wow! What do you guys think? Is Witten still the 3rd best TE in the league? Is Gronk THAT much better than Jimmy Graham? Sound off Madden Nation.

pack1797

Staff member
Gronk is the easy number one. Witten is easily the most consistent guy in the league. The jury is still out on how Graham fares with Wilson throwing him the ball instead of Brees. I think its a solid list overall.

woodsmall12

All-Star
So Graham's speed stayed the same and Gronk -1 to 82 spd ... Kelce goes from 84 ovr to 91 and his rbk at 85 is outstanding ... Jamal Charles will love that

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
The TE as a whole seem to be way down compared to other positions with Kelce and Witten both in the top 5. But when you look at the 2nd tier guys its nothing to get excited over Delane Walker, Gates (still produced last year), Martellius Bennett, Ertz. A few guys that I could see jumping up in ratings once the season produces are Ebron, ladarus Green and Josh Hill.

pack1797

Staff member
Luck is gonna inflate Fleener's numbers this season. Been throwing to him since college.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Witten is solid but I'm not sure I buy his 93 OVR. Maybe 90-91. Kelce is solid and I think he deserves to be up there. Marteullus Bennet had a HUGE year. He probably should be ahead of Witten and maybe Kelce. Not a big fan of Gronk being a 99 but maybe he deserves it. Is he the Aaron Rodgers of TEs though?