Madden 16 Top 5 RB Ratings

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
EA released the ratings of the Top 5 running backs in Madden 16 today. While there are not a lot of surprises on who the Top 5 were, some of the ratings might be questionable to some. Here is a look at the Top 5 running backs in Madden 16 as presented by EA Sports.

Madden 16 Top 5 Running Backs.png

MARSHAWN LYNCH (96 OVR)
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
5’11, 215 POUNDS

Beast Mode starts with league-best 99 Stiff Arm, 98 Trucking, and 89 Strength. Would you believe 94 Juke Move? Add Lynch’s 91 ELUS/88 ACC/85 SPD and you have a one-man wrecking crew.

ADRIAN PETERSON (95 OVR)
MINNESOTA VIKINGS
6’1, 220 POUNDS

He’s baaack! Peterson brings the power with 88 Strength and 94 Trucking. He has 90 Speed and 92 Elusiveness, and he’s got all the moves with 96 SFA/95 JKM/94 SPM.[/QUOTE]

JAMAAL CHARLES (94 OVR)
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
5’11, 199 POUNDS

Charles has everything you want in an all-purpose back, including 95 ELUS/92 SPD/92 ACC/98 AGI. You want moves? He has 97 Juke Move and 94 Spin Move. Don’t forget the league-best 86 CTH.

DEMARCO MURRAY (94 OVR)
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
6’0, 217 POUNDS

The newly-minted Philadelphia Eagle brings 96 Trucking and 97 Stiff Arm to the City of Brotherly Love. He’s hard to tackle with 97 JKM/95 ELUS/94 SPM, and hard to catch with 89 SPD/91 ACC/98 AGI.

LE’VEON BELL (94 OVR)
PITTSBURGH STEELERS
6’1, 244 POUNDS

Bell is a dependable, every-down back with league-best 99 Carrying. He adds 83 Catching for third down, and has speed with 88 SPD/95 ELUS/97 JKM. Up the middle, he brings 84 TRK/92 SFA.

----------

What do you guys think about the speed ratings? Traditionally Charles and Peterson are both 95+ SPD. Is Demarco Murray really as fast as Adrian Peterson? And why isn't Charles more of a burner?

What about Murray with 96 truck, 97 juke, 95 elusiveness and 94 spin? He seems like he's going to be a beast. Many wonder, even here in Texas, whether Murray was more of a product of his offensive line in Dallas than outstanding attributes.

I know rating over 1,500 players is a thankless job. So you will never please everyone. We've also heard rumors that EA was going to tweak their formulas again. Is this a byproduct of that?

Also, are these ratings among the last done by the departed Donny Moore or are they a product of the new guy/team and a representation of what to expect in the future?

Sound off Madden Nation. Let's hear what you thin and post your reaction in the comments below!

Last edited:

priestmvp

Starter
I'm taking a wait and see. First impression is Charles should be faster but I do believe maybe they have redone their system/thresholds and this is a product of that Gonna have to wait and see.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I can see if they are decreasing speed across the board, but what is the top speed? If Charles isn't still a 95+, then who is? Will anyone be a 97-99 speed? If not, then what is the point of a 99 max system?

I think you lower guys that were in the 90-93 range maybe so there are not as many guys over 90 SPD. But to say Charles, one of the fastest players in the league, is only a 92...I just cannot make that correlation.

priestmvp

Starter
Yeah it's kind of crazy. With Charles only getting 92 speed it makes me wonder how guys like DAT and Conley on KC roster will fare.

Paytonno1son

Hall of Famer
Well hopefully the speed changes are across the board, offense and defense. That way the threshold will be more realistic.

priestmvp

Starter
They better make it to where 92 speed guys aren't getting chased down I guess since I'm certainly not used to seeing Charles get chased down lol