Madden 16 Top 5 DE Ratings

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
The Top 5 DE in Madden 16 were released today by EA. Not much of a surprise at the top as JJ Watt joins Aaron Rodgers and Rob Gronkowski at 99 OVR. Wilkerson (96), Michael Bennett (95), Calais Campbell (95) and Cameron Wake (94) round out the list. See below for the pull release.

Madden 16 Top DE.png

J. J. WATT (99 OVR)
HOUSTON TEXANS RE
6’5, 289 POUNDS

The two-time Defensive Player of the Year boasts a game-best 99 Power Move rating, as well as 98 Pursuit, 97 Strength, 97 Tackle and 97 Block Shedding. As if that wasn’t enough, his three touchdown receptions in 2014 earned him a 78 Catch rating as well.

MUHAMMAD WILKERSON (96 OVR)
NEW YORK JETS LE
6’4, 285 POUNDS

Wilkerson is looking for a new contract with talented rookie Leonard Williams now on the scene. The three-time All-Pro brings 94 Strength, 97 Block Shedding, and 93 PWM/96 TAK/96 PUR.

MICHAEL BENNETT (95 OVR)
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS LE
6’4, 274 POUNDS

Bennett is one of the keys to the Seahawks’ dominant defense. He’s strong across the board and features 91 STR/91 TAK/94 PWM.

CALAIS CAMPBELL (95 OVR)
ARIZONA CARDINALS LE
6’8, 300 POUNDS

With Darnell Dockett moving to San Francisco, Campbell takes center stage on the tough Cardinals defense. He’s a huge man with amazing speed, shown by his 87 Strength, 85 Block Shedding, 92 Tackle, and 94 Pursuit.

CAMERON WAKE (94 OVR)
MIAMI DOLPHINS LE
6’3, 262 POUNDS

Wake should be even more productive with the addition of dominant defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh. Wake starts Madden NFL 16 with an outstanding 96 Power Move and 76 STR/79 TAK/93 PUR.

----------

So JJ Watt at 99 is no shocker. What do you guys think about him, Rodgers and Gronk at 99? Anyone else left that could be 99 also? Who's missing from the list?

I think this is the most spread out list we've seen in a few days. No team has two guys in the Top 5 and some new teams like Miami, Houston and Arizona represented.

danwin

Starter
I have a question about using J.J. Watt as a receiver. I might be using the Texans for CFM and how can you bring him in as a receiver? Been a year since playing Madden and can't remember the procedure. If I remember correctly you have to go in and manually sub TE or can you assign him to a specific formation?

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
As far as I know it is impossible. Unless they change something this year. They have it blocked so only certain positions can be put in at other positions.

danwin

Starter
That is probably the best option. If they allowed moving around you would start seeing guys playing LB's at QB or something stupid like that.