Madden 16 Impressions

woodsmall12

All-Star
One game in and my thoughts are:

Game feels more real than it ever has ... Gang tackling, fumbled balls, errant passes, penalties (which can get annoying)

I'm a stats guy and I love the stat bubbles but I think they may be misplaced ... Just looks a lil odd bouncing and following players around

Need to find the curve on the passing game again ...not a thing u can pick up and play ... My timing is way off w play action passes ... Passing windows are smaller and hard to complete a pass ... Throwing high/low or inside/outside works well

Really enjoy new catch animations especially from the stud recievers ... Still had a few catches in which my player would get pushed back about 5 to 8 yds from where he caught it ... Happened about 4 times this game ... Need to add forward progress to the game

Presentation seems the same ... Didn't really notice much difference w game announcers and their comments

More to come tomorrow

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Re: penalties. If you are referring to pass interference it can be related to pushing play ball or play receiver when the ball is not playable. Not sure why they went that route, but if you just don't touch anything on an overthrown ball you won't get called. Haven't noticed too many outside of those which is easily fixable.

bpslm

Contributor
Ive seen a pick get called back for defensive holding on the other side of the field, other than that not a lot. No offensive holding at all.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Ive seen a pick get called back for defensive holding on the other side of the field, other than that not a lot. No offensive holding at all.

Clint Oldenberg has said penalties in online H2H and Draft Champions have been turned way down.

woodsmall12

All-Star
Re: penalties. If you are referring to pass interference it can be related to pushing play ball or play receiver when the ball is not playable. Not sure why they went that route, but if you just don't touch anything on an overthrown ball you won't get called. Haven't noticed too many outside of those which is easily fixable.

I had 3 offensive holding penalties ... Ugh

CJTHA1

Starter
I'm definitely enjoy this game more than last years version. What I like about this game is that things are tougher as supposed to last year. Coverages are better, the aggressive catch is def not OP and even kicking is a tad more difficult which I like a bunch. You paid for mistakes as supposed to previous years. It's early but I'm loving this Madden

woodsmall12

All-Star
This game forces u to play small ball ... U can't just chuck the ball 15 to 20 yds every time and be successful ... Just not realistic ... I also think from what I have seen in 2 games so far that players play like they should ... An average player is not a superstar unless it's a busted play

Glen Cieske

All-Star
I am definitely enjoying this game more then last years. I started a CFM with the Redskins, I am three games in and I'm 0-3. RG3 lasted two games and I was so sick of the errant throws I went with Cousins. The difficulty is on All-pro.

The best thing IMO is that teams play like themselves. I've played the Dolphins, Rams and Giants and all of them played differently. The Rams tried to pound the ball on the ground and rarely went into a spread formation, while the Dolphins rarely went with any 2 TE sets, mostly 3 WRs and tried to get Miller the ball on the edge and push it downfield with Stills. The Giants played balanced.

Overall its been a great experience.

woodsmall12

All-Star
I am definitely enjoying this game more then last years. I started a CFM with the Redskins, I am three games in and I'm 0-3. RG3 lasted two games and I was so sick of the errant throws I went with Cousins. The difficulty is on All-pro.

The best thing IMO is that teams play like themselves. I've played the Dolphins, Rams and Giants and all of them played differently. The Rams tried to pound the ball on the ground and rarely went into a spread formation, while the Dolphins rarely went with any 2 TE sets, mostly 3 WRs and tried to get Miller the ball on the edge and push it downfield with Stills. The Giants played balanced.

Overall its been a great experience.
I played the Giants and they ran a lot of 3 and 4 wide ... Burned me twice w 4 wide and a TE since my LB was matched on the TE ... TD both times but I was also controlling the LB too ... Need more work i guess