Madden 16 and Beyond (VIDEO)

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
This is a great interview of Madden 16 creative director Rex Dickson by HipHopGamer. In the video they cover everything from how they feel about Madden this year to what they are looking at 2-3 years down the road. It's a great interview and its really hard not to get excited about the direction of Madden after watching it.

Check out the video and the recap below.

Highlights
  • Both guys are truly excited about how realistic the game feels and how smooth the animation is
  • Rex stated he is 4 years into a 5-7 year plan with Madden to really get it where he wants it to be.
  • Some of the features they plan on adding down the road will "blow your mind"
  • Gameplay features they would like to add but haven't perfected yet are: gap play, force defenders and a true play-action system
  • The EA team hops to have a year dedicated to improving special teams down the road.
  • Animation quality is the #1 focus for the team every year.
  • The team has been working on some features for three years and when they perfect one aspect, they will then move on to another.
  • There is no play to do a release every two years because part of the team is dedicated to future games and new design features.
  • Madden 16 will have a revamped matchup system for online play to protect new or inexperienced users form playing top level players and getting run over.
Every time I watch an interview with Rex I get more and more excited for the game. You can tell that Rex takes his job seriously and truly wants to build the best sports game out there and that he won't be satisfied until he does that. There will always be things that aren't perfect and you certainly can't please everyone. But it is hard for anyone that pays attention to think that the guys at EA do not care. I think that means that Madden 16 and future versions are just going to continue to improve and in a year or two we are going to see what will be universally accepted as the greatest Madden game ever.

What do you guys think? Do videos like these get you as fired up as they do me or am I seeing things thorough my EA colored glassed? :cool:

woodsmall12

All-Star
Definitely feel good abt the direction of the game ... Thing that sticks with me is what hip hop said early on abt his game experience and how everything felt different mixed w Rex's comments about their is magic in the game ... Pretty jacked for more madden info and the game in hand