Madden 15 issues, what was your biggest one?

pack1797

Staff member
We're less than a month away from Madden 16. Every year we wait for the new game, in hopes of a better experience than we had with the previous installment. Madden 15, by and large, got decent reviews from the media. Honestly, football fans will put up with things they don't like to play a football game. So while all of us love Madden, I'd venture to say that we all had a few things about 15 we hope gets fixed this time around.

So my question is this, what was your biggest issue with Madden 15, and how do you hope Tiburon addresses it in 16? It can be anything. Look forward to hearing your input.

Kwarren3

Starter
Teleportation tackles... We've all had it. Your TE gets that perfect block, you have an open field and the nearest defender is 8-12 yards away from you, and then BOOM... They close the distance in the blink of an eye and your 20+ gain becomes a 2 yard loss.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Teleportation tackles... We've all had it. Your TE gets that perfect block, you have an open field and the nearest defender is 8-12 yards away from you, and then BOOM... They close the distance in the blink of an eye and your 20+ gain becomes a 2 yard loss.

Ok now you are exaggerating lol. I've never seen a guy go 8-12 yards like that haha. I have, however, seen them teleport 5-6 feet and most of that is related to the goofy X (A) button mechanic. Hopefully that has been tuned.

Blocking AI is one of my biggest ones. I had my FB literally ignore a LB and head downfield to look for a block. I've seen numerous WRs let go of their blocks and start running downfield with nobody down there and you get tackled. I really, really hope stuff like that has been tuned.

I also get Maddened (no pun intended :p) when a WR makes no effort for a ball and the DB steps in to pick it off or bat it away. I know that has been addressed this year but the thread says Madden 15 :D

Also, one thing that I am noticing now on Xbox that really bugs me is that you cannot scroll down through your quick audibles and get a preview on screen like on PS4. At least not that I have found. That's frustrating. Also, when you change something on D, it moves your player and zooms out. PS4 seems to know that you are just making a coverage adjustment or what not and resets. Xbox One does not. Not sure why there are those differences between the two systems but there are and it kind of sucks.

Lastly, I have noticed the physics do not feel as refined on Xbox as PS4. I see far more goofy animations with players doing unnatural flips and movements on Xbox than PS4. Again, weird that they would be different but it is quite noticeable to me.

Kwarren3

Starter
Maybe I am exaggerating a little bit, but its happened to me from much farther than 6 feet. don't even get me started on the FB's being an idiot. Unless you have an 85+ rated FB, theres really no point to having one.

Kwarren3

Starter
I also get Maddened (no pun intended :p) when a WR makes no effort for a ball and the DB steps in to pick it off or bat it away. I know that has been addressed this year but the thread says Madden 15 :D

Oh man that makes me wanna rage. At least jump or something. Give some effort

moniqx4

Starter
My wishlist for 16, that bothers me on 15.. hmm where do I start:

1. No pass interference calls, EVER??

2. Kickoff returns, nobody hardly ever attempts to down the ball before it goes out of bounce even if they are right by it.

3. Really wish there was a way to export CFM player team data ( EA open up your APIs,just read only access, please)

4. Interceptions that make no sense, like you replay it and the ball is next to their hand, not in it, and they call it catch. Or CB is getting slammed as he is trying to intercept and still gets it and never drops it,last I knew most CBs were bad receivers, so they are CBs. Hands that good, maybe I should start using them as receivers.

5. Can't challenge some plays that you should be able to, and its at time when its not within the 2 minute warning or anything. This might only be an issue when playing the computer.

6. And the one mentioned earlier about superman tackles, or deflections ( Ha Ha Dix was a good one for that)

7. Practice mode with your CFM team. Think this is addressed in 16.

8. The confidence levels, making more sense, if I have a player having a record day, why would his confidence go down if the team lost. Not his fault, sure he still feels good about his game play. think they did something with this to in 16.

9. MUT option to play by sim ball rules. Maybe have it where the home team can select game play sim or none sim and users can be matched up based on their preferences of game type. Sim mut would not allow things like 4th and 30 going for it on your own 10, stuff like that. Maybe I'd play it more.

10. Blocking AI, I know some will beat their man, but when they don't even try and just stand there blocking the air.

11. Unrealistic tackles, no one brings down AP by just grabbing his arm.

12. Horse Collar tackles, that was banned back in 05. I don't know how many times I've seen my running back going forward only to be yanked backwards hard and fall on his back, which can only happen if you grab them around their collar. at least call the personal foul penalty for it.

13. Quarterbacks able to brush a 300 pound linebacker coming at them full speed direct hit and throw accurate pass, the air alone from that rush would knock them around. Eli and Aaron Rodgers, seem to do this the best.

14. Something interesting to add, dirty player rating stat, those with higher rating more likely to commit penalties. Rating gets higher if they get way with it more, but then coaches would have to decide if to play them or not if rating too high in a big game. Or you could spend xp points to reduce the rating on player. Suh playing entire seasons with no penalties does not seem realistic to me... LOL

priestmvp

Starter
Yeah seeing so many QBs constantly shrug off an elite pass rusher was frustrating so hopefully it was addressed. Penalties HAS to be addressed as in hardly no penalty ever especially like def holding pi etc.

Blocking needs to be tuned especially for some of these now 83-85 speed RBs to have a chance. Like to see mor effort by wrs on passes even errant passes which I think may be addressed

Speaking of penalties and blocking someone needs to realize that block in the back is illegal and earns a penalty lol.

Hoping their focus on aggressive catch doesn't result in an over powered feature leaving defense helpless. Hopefully there is a good balance with good defense.

And hopefully no LB superman jumps with all these fast LBs running around in coverage hopefully not making those 10ft jump ints too lol

Kwarren3

Starter
I don't understand how all these vets speed got dropped... But then Barr went from 90 speed to 91.... HUH?

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
My wishlist for 16, that bothers me on 15.. hmm where do I start:

1. No pass interference calls, EVER??

They have updated penalties and have seen PI and defensive holding in game.

2. Kickoff returns, nobody hardly ever attempts to down the ball before it goes out of bounce even if they are right by it.

Guys still run it out quite a bit in real life. You will see guys down it in these leagues though.

3. Really wish there was a way to export CFM player team data ( EA open up your APIs,just read only access, please)

They do have open APIs. That's how DaddlyLeagues pulls the data.

4. Interceptions that make no sense, like you replay it and the ball is next to their hand, not in it, and they call it catch. Or CB is getting slammed as he is trying to intercept and still gets it and never drops it,last I knew most CBs were bad receivers, so they are CBs. Hands that good, maybe I should start using them as receivers.

Will have to see how the new Air Sipremacy works. Certainly was overpowered for CBs in 15.

5. Can't challenge some plays that you should be able to, and its at time when its not within the 2 minute warning or anything. This might only be an issue when playing the computer.

6. And the one mentioned earlier about superman tackles, or deflections ( Ha Ha Dix was a good one for that).

I hate seeing guys warp or jet several yards for a tackle. I agree and hope this is improved.

7. Practice mode with your CFM team. Think this is addressed in 16.

Yes it's been added. Definitely excited about that one!

8. The confidence levels, making more sense, if I have a player having a record day, why would his confidence go down if the team lost. Not his fault, sure he still feels good about his game play. think they did something with this to in 16.

They adjusted confidence but now it can only go up or down by 3 in one game from by I read. Whether it is more logical in application remains to be seen.

9. MUT option to play by sim ball rules. Maybe have it where the home team can select game play sim or none sim and users can be matched up based on their preferences of game type. Sim mut would not allow things like 4th and 30 going for it on your own 10, stuff like that. Maybe I'd play it more.

They had this once, maybe on NCAA. You had to punk or kick a FG on 4th. Wonder why they don't bring it back. I guess there are some realistic instances where you could go for it and may be hard to program. I just get tired of seeing guys run the same 3 plays over and over or try an onside kick first play and quit. Stuff like that.

10. Blocking AI, I know some will beat their man, but when they don't even try and just stand there blocking the air.

From what I've seen so far TE blocking looks much better.

11. Unrealistic tackles, no one brings down AP by just grabbing his arm.

12. Horse Collar tackles, that was banned back in 05. I don't know how many times I've seen my running back going forward only to be yanked backwards hard and fall on his back, which can only happen if you grab them around their collar. at least call the personal foul penalty for it.

Not sure it has been added with the new penalties but you're right. Probably should be.

13. Quarterbacks able to brush a 300 pound linebacker coming at them full speed direct hit and throw accurate pass, the air alone from that rush would knock them around. Eli and Aaron Rodgers, seem to do this the best.

300 pound LB?? :eek: I've never see that haha. I wonder if the QBs breaking tackles can be improved by upping the tackling slider... I do think it is a little ridiculous.

14. Something interesting to add, dirty player rating stat, those with higher rating more likely to commit penalties. Rating gets higher if they get way with it more, but then coaches would have to decide if to play them or not if rating too high in a big game. Or you could spend xp points to reduce the rating on player. Suh playing entire seasons with no penalties does not seem realistic to me... LOL

There is a penalty rating for each player this year.

Responded in bold bc you had a lot on your list :)

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I don't understand how all these vets speed got dropped... But then Barr went from 90 speed to 91.... HUH?

One thing I wonder if speed ratings are different for each position. Meaning a 91 SPD doesn't mean the same as 91 at WR. Or maybe Barr and Shazier are that fast? Hard to say without seeing how it works in game. They probably should have clarified more about ratings as a lot of guys are confused.

Kwarren3

Starter
Yeah. I think had rookies not been as fast as they are no one would be freaking out as much... But really? Is Perriman the fastest player in the NFL? I don't think so.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Well, that's kind of a surprise. Not sure why they gave so many young guys very high speed and some older guys lower speed. But Inalso don't think it's going to have as much of an impact as people think.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
In all honesty I'm just being butthurt because they dropped AP to 90 speed. Ridiculous...

Lol. Yeah. I wonder if that was because he sat out a year? But Charles and Calvin dropped. It certainly is confusing. I'm just trying to be optimistic and find a reasonable explanation. I've spent far too much energy over the years criticizing stuff that didn't really matter in the game haha. Worst case scenario is if we find that the difference is big we wait until we get a reasonable roster update with better speed ratings and use that. Just lose 75-man rosters then :(