Lions Den Season 2 week 8

mycaddy

Starter
Q: Here you are guys are with a record of 4-2. With a chance to be tied for 1st place in your division if you can get a win against Detroit next week who is currently leading the division. A big personal rivalry. Last year, both teams won 1 of each of your meetings. Are you guys ready to step up ?

Coach:
Most definitely. We are very hyped for this game, and very prepared for them. I personally don't think they can handle our defense. They think they had problems with us before, its going to be alot worse. Especially with an offense that can put points on the board.

Q: Well, those sound like fighting words. Definitely a game the fans will not want to miss. How is Everson Griffen looking in terms of being able to return to the field?

Coach: I think he'll be ready to go. He's been getting some reps in during practice, looks good and he is anxious to get back out there and get back to protecting his lead in number of sacks. Another reason Detroit has to be worried.

Those quotes from Vikings owners Moniqx4 got us motivated. But contrary to her words of not being able to put points on the board we scored 31 and her offense being able to put point on the board theyscored 10. and as for Everson Griffen being the league leader in sacks he got no sacks. Not to mention verbally she mentioned how even though all 3 of our backs are averaging over 5 yards a carry there is no way that would happen. Only 2 of them got carries this game and those 2 averaged 7.2 and 6.8 yards per carry... and she also mentioned how she would shut down Calvin Johnson who had 4 catches for 99 yards. but she did hold him under his season average so I will give her that one...

mycaddy

Starter
Overall it really was a great game. Closer than the score indicates. We got lucky with a few big plays. Minnesota's defense did cause 3 turnovers the most under Maurice Carn term here as head coach and he is not happy about that and it will definately be addressed in practice. Also the Vikings had a lot of broken tackles not just from rbs but from Reuben Randle a wr not good at all we need to make plays and wrap players up when we make contact.