Lions Bucs trade

B

BlackPaw

Cap hit for Walker is 4m
Cap hit for Riddick is 200K

Cap hit for Glennon is 150K

I need a backup QB. he needs another DT, plus he was interested in a HB. so its a win/win for both parties. Glennon and Riddick are both in the last year of their contracts; so thats equal. The 4th covers Walker as hes a young promising DT and has a contract in place.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I will agree that the DT is likely worth a 4th round pick. However, with Riddick we've already established that a slower HB is only worth a 5th/6th pick in draft or would go unsigned in free agency. If you cut Riddick I would bet he would probably go unsigned as well and there are several backs that are comparable. Trying to say that he is equal to Glennon does not add up.

Glennon is a guy that most of us could make into a pretty good starter. The only thing keeping him from being an 82-83 OVR is a few weeks of game prep and some AWR. As we saw in this draft, you pretty much need at least a 2nd round pick to get a QB in the draft. Glennon obviously is a little older and in the last year of his deal but still worth a 3rd or thereabouts in value.

We'll see what everyone else says but I think we are overvaluing Riddick or undervaluing Glennon. Unless he's tried to trade Glennon straight up for a 3rd and nobody was biting and that has become his true market value is have to vote no at this point as it's currently constructed.

B

BlackPaw

I'm not sure of what he has offered or received from others in regards to Glennon.. I think the combined package is even though. Riddick is young as well, a year younger then Glennon. so they both could prep up an increase in value.

B

BlackPaw

I'm not sure of what he has offered or received from others in regards to Glennon.. I think the combined package is even though. Riddick is young as well, a year younger then Glennon. so they both could prep up an increase in value.
Also, the acceleration rate is high as well, so hes not top end but he certainly is a threat out of the backfield and in receiving

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Riddick is 2 years younger than Doug Martin and 2 SPD points lower. Nobody wanted Martin in free agency. That's a fair comparison and easy measurement to gauge his true value. Glendon's value is the one that is more difficult to gauge. But getting a QB with mid 90s THP and 70s ACC would take a 2nd or maybe early 3rd in the draft from what we've seen. Subtract a little for extra age and being the last year of his deal but I still think that makes him more valuable than a HB that likely would be looked over in free agency or, at best, worth a 5th and 6th round pick, which we've seen is equivalent to 2 mid 60s OVR players. But again, we'll wait and see what the others think.

B

BlackPaw

Riddick is 2 years younger than Doug Martin and 2 SPD points lower. Nobody wanted Martin in free agency. That's a fair comparison and easy measurement to gauge his true value. Glendon's value is the one that is more difficult to gauge. But getting a QB with mid 90s THP and 70s ACC would take a 2nd or maybe early 3rd in the draft from what we've seen. Subtract a little for extra age and being the last year of his deal but I still think that makes him more valuable than a HB that likely would be looked over in free agency or, at best, worth a 5th and 6th round pick, which we've seen is equivalent to 2 mid 60s OVR players. But again, we'll wait and see what the others think.
Cool, i just got a QB with mid 90s THP in the 5th though. hes just not ready to play.

Jukemwr21

All-Star
Also, the acceleration rate is high as well, so hes not top end but he certainly is a threat out of the backfield and in receiving
This right here is why I'm interested. To me Riddick is a poor man's Shane Vereen. I'm in this for a solid receiving back and still use Sims as a carry sharer to keep Morris from being overworked. The value to me personally is there.

As for Glennon he's in a situation where he was Schianos guy, Schiano gets fired and subsequently Glennon is out as the starter. He's still really young for a QB in his 3rd year. I think the value is there, because we are both getting what we want. No disrespect intended just stating my case.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Jukemwr21 We understand you are ok with the deal or wouldn't have made it. But we've had new players come in and like the trades they made too but they were, in the end, horrible and those owners aren't here anymore. The role of the trade committee is to prevent new owners from making trades and not getting fair value for a player which they may not understand bc they are new to the league. Not saying this trade is horrible, just stating my opinion on it and that I do not see the value on it. But we have 3 others left to weigh in. At this point, let's just wait for the others.

BlackPaw as I mentioned, a 5th round player = a mid 60s OVR player which your QB is (66 OVR). Glennon was a 3rd round pick and I'm not sure he's done anything to show he's worth less than hay, but again, that's just my opinion. We have to let the others weigh in.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
youre_dead_to_me-640x300.jpg

pack1797

Staff member
While the hb may fill a need, and I can see that point, I don't think his value alone is enough for glennon. Glennon would be a starter on 8-10 teams right now based on his ratings. He ranks higher than any qb in free agency, by a decent margin. I don't want to discount either owner's obvious attempt to make this trade equal, but qb is the most important position in the game, and therefore certain cases can warrant that a qb is worth more than his Ovr indicates if his ratings are good enough.

I can't approve it as it stands. I feel like, for the reasons I mentioned above, that the lions need to give either a better player, or some other compensation for the qb they are trying to acquire.