League Name Suggestions

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
We went through this earlier offline but never really came up with anything that everyone got excited about. Should we come up with a unique league name like the PFA (PX1 Football Alliance) or something like that? Ideally, if we do come up with a name, I'd like it to have an acronym possible (like PFA) so its easy to identify amongst the other leagues.

Let us know what ideas you have. If we come up with a list, maybe we'll post a poll on the best ones and see which one wins out!

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Anything got any other ideas? I'm working on some stuff to bring a higher level presentation to our broadcasts and reach a larger audience. Really would like something memorable that guys can remember us by. An identity for us.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I had some ideas pop up today:

PlayStation Sim Football Association (PSFA)
PlayStation Football Alliance (PFA)
PlayStation Sim Football Alliance (PSFA)
PlayStation Sim Football League (PSFL)
PlayStation Football League (PFL)

Any of those look good to anyone? Inspire any additional ideas?

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
What about Sim Football Alliance (SFA)? That kinda has a ring to it. Not specific to PS but shorter and easier to say during broadcasts.

Might be too close to Simulation Football League though...

Adaws820

Starter
Sim Football alliance yea I like it kinda has a nice that's not too simple but not too complex so SFA definitely

priestmvp

Starter
Any of these could work honestly. I think however that PX1 in itself is unique and for anyone who happened to catch a stream or whatever they could just google and actually find our great website with the PX1 in the title.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
The reason I'm trying to keep "PX1" out of it is I'm thinking about when doing an identification I would be saying "you're watching the PX1 madden league on the PX1 Sports network" which to me seems kind of redundant. I guess it's not horrible. But it kind of flows better if its not the same I think.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I like SFA too but I think it may be too close to our friends at the SFL (Simulation Football League). Could be confusing talking about both on a broadcast or in chats.

Here are some more:

American Sim Football Association (ASFA)
Sim Football Players Alliance (SFPA)
Broadcast Football League (BFL)
Console Football Association (CFA)
Digital Football League (DFL)
PXFL

Last edited:

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I actually thought of #2 lol. Trying to think bigger though. Like a real, legitimate league. Kinda like PXFL. But we have to come up with something similar for Xbox league.

I'd like to get us to build a following and have hundreds (maybe thousands) of viewers. So something legit sounding. Unfortunately most are taken or contain a copyrighted moniker like PlayStatioion or Madden.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
I say let the vets that have been around for a few years back the name and agree and if its close or your torn then maybe get the rookies opinion