League Description | Signups

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Post CFA 1 - Notes

Thank you to everyone who participated in our first LIVE show! We had some hiccups but that is to be expected. Overall, I think everything went pretty well and was happy to get things going. There were a few things that I've identified that we can do to make things better going forward. Please help me to implement these items so that we can all have the best experience with our fight cards and the league overall going forward.

Technical Difficulties

We had some technical issues throughout our first event that caused one fight to get scrapped and another to get pushed back until after the main event. Some of that may have had to do with the PlayStation servers or Twitch. Some of it could have come from our end (the users). So, I have created a thread for everyone to post their connection speeds. This should help us identify who's connection may not be able to handle both playing and streaming. I can use that to assign streaming responsibilities going forward.

http://www.community.px1sports.com/index.php?threads/speed-test-connection-settings-mandatory.761/

Flow of the Fights

For the most part, we did a really good job trying to fight through the technical troubles and keep the card moving. However, there were a few areas that we could improve in. For every event, I will post everything you will need in that event's thread. That includes what you need to fight, to watch the fights, etc. Please be sure to read through the event thread to make sure you know when you are scheduled, who needs to stream, who will send invites and anything else we might need from you to make the card a success. Again, this is all to help us make things go as smoothly as possible.

Counting Matches

We did have one fight that was not able to be counted. Even though they were finally able to get the fight in, they could not stream the fight so I can not count it. The beauty of this league (to me) is that all of the fights will happen live and be broadcast. Not only does that help us verify results and track stats, but it also helps us use the footage to put together the full fight card on one video (which I plan to do this weekend). Those things not only help to improve our league experience but also help to draw in new users and, hopefully, fans.

Conclusion

Thank you again to everyone who contributed to CFA 1 and to all of you for being a part of this league. Together, I think we can makes this the premier EA SPORTS UFC league out there and one that people not only want to play in, but also follow. :)

woodsmall12, whoa, DeadSun666, punisher92683, jaime509deleon, Darkskoot, DarkParadox21, U2scared2ball, Mitchh1988, danwin, Gilgamesh101, pack1797, hawkeyekid

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
NOTE: I just realized that some of the guys that streamed their fights didn't set their accounts to "archive past broadcasts." So, I can't do a YouTube video of the entire fight card or even pull the results and stats :( Again, its important that you guys read the entire event threads when I post them so as not to miss anything. ;)

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Post CFA 2 - Notes
Great even #2 guys! It went quick because we had to cancel a couple of fights and had a bunch of knockouts but it was good nonetheless! Here are a few things that I think we can do even better going forward:

Pace of Fights

This is definitely an area that we can improve upon. We ran into an unforeseen issue where someone's PlayStation Plus account expired so that delayed us a bit. Just make sure to have that stuff up-to-date. Also, I think we can speed up the broadcast by not having to switch between streams. I'd prefer not to have to have everyone fight all their fights in a row, but that may be the best option right now to keep the flow going. Also, I think we can leave the streams running in between matches if we are going to stream one later on. As long as their is nothing being played on the stream, I think we can leave it at the menu screen or something to improve the down time when switching fights. Eventually, I want to figure out how to get all the streams into one feed so that I (or someone) can switch between the feeds as they go live. However, until we figure that out we'll just have to roll with what we have.

Fight Chat

It is a requirement of the league that everyone have a Twitch account and be able to stream (if necessary). By having a Twitch account, it will also allow you to chat in the chat boxes during fights. That will help create a better "community" feel with the events and also help you keep tabs on when its your turn to fight and when the feed has switched to a new user. So, please, if you haven't done so yet, set up your Twitch feed and post your channel ID.

Trash Talk

Trash talk is certainly ok and is welcomed but let's please be respectful with it towards others. We're not all experts at the game and until we get tens of thousands of viewers and can generate ad income, we're all here playing for fun. So let's try to make sure we're not preventing others from having fun along the way.

Conclusion

All of the streams got archived so I can pull stats and video from them. I hope to have the full fight card replay on YouTube tomorrow (Sunday) at some point so look for that. Let's just keep making progress and moving forward. Eventually, this league is going to be the example of what all leagues should try to replicate going forward!

woodsmall12, whoa, DeadSun666, punisher92683, jaime509deleon, Darkskoot, DarkParadox21, U2scared2ball, Mitchh1988, danwin, Gilgamesh101, pack1797, hawkeyekid

punisher92683

Contributor
Thought you guys might like this pic. This dude spam me w takedowns to get the dec but apparently frank wasn't done lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    882.6 KB · Views: 27

veLanki

Contributor
Hey I want to be part of this too (if it's still okay?). My PSN tag is veLanki and I will be representing Finland (I truly hope my timezone wont be a problem...).

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Hey I want to be part of this too (if it's still okay?). My PSN tag is veLanki and I will be representing Finland (I truly hope my timezone wont be a problem...).

We have at least one guy from the UK so if you are a night owl it should be ok lol. We do all LIVE events and those generally are TUE, WED or THU evenings from 9-11 PM CST which would be 5-7 AM Finland time. We will also occasionally do daytime events on the weekends SAT and SUN anywhere from 1-7 PM CST (9 PM 0 3 AM Finland time) but those will be more rare. A vast majority of our events will be in the 9-11 PM CST range. How does that fit with your availability?

I would like to join. I can even give a full work schedule that does not change unless im called in to cover a shift ;) I work night shift which is a pain but im definitely up for some competition. My PSN account is DEVILINTHEDARK67, ill download the ps app when I get off of work. Everyone add me!! :) excited to get started if im accepted. @170 ill have to scan through the fighters, @205 id like Wanderlei Silva, and at HW im not sure who id want as I don't normally fight at that class. I can also make a CAF. And im 100% open to lower weights as well.

Last edited:

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I would like to join. I can even give a full worl schedule that does not change unless im called in to cover a shift ;) I work night shift which is a pain but im definitely up for some competition. My PSN account is DEVILINTHEDARK67, ill download the ps app when I get off of work. Everyone add me!! :) excited to get started if im accepted. @170 ill have to scan through the fighters, @205 id like Wanderlei Silva, and at HW im not sure who id want as I don't normally fight at that class. I can also make a CAF. And im 100% open to lower weights as well.

Here are the fighters available. Wanderlei is open. Cerrone will only be available at lightweight. Unfortunately, Mark Hunt is your only option at Heavyweight. You can take him or just roll with 205 and 170 until we can open a new weight class. Up to you.

Fighters 4.png

And I do have a question though. In regards to using Wanderlei. Saaaay, im fighting Jones. I give up a HUGE reach advantage, so I tend to go to the body a lot to get myself into the pocket, do you guys deem that spamming? Im in no way a spammer, but theres gonna have to be some way to get shots in. Ill be off in an hour and will be able to continue convo as my phone is dying at 5% lol

Gilgamesh101

Starter
I think by spamming we mean doing a spinning kick multiple times and just running in, swinging (body) hooks left and right like a madman, then getting away from the opponent and letting your stamina fill up and repeating this process. Picking body shots, and when there is an opening, swinging like a madman should be acceptable in my eyes, tbh. BTW Devil, add me on PSN:

Gilgamesh101

veLanki

Contributor
Yikes! :D .. Those weekend times sound fine because I like to stay up late, but thinking that I would need to wake up at 5 AM .... I don't think that I can make it :/

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Gil is right but I will add that, if you can reach a person with body shots, you can reach them with a jab or cross. You can also reach them with a kick further out than a punch. I had a guy that used Roy Nelson against me as JDS and all he did was spam body shots. He got mad that I called him a spammer. He said his reach required that style. I said that was funny, go back and watch the real life fight between those two and tell me body shots were your only option...

Mrawesomekid

Contributor
I would like to join your fighting alliance

my playstation name is Optix_Poison I Live in EST

age is 13 just looking for some fun and training because im kinda noobish plz reply thanks