Injuries & Transactions and how they will effect madden

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
So with time to kill I thought I would make this thread and update it for the next 3 weeks. It's that time of year where you start seeing veterans cut and signed and injuries happen. I will make post them here along with rumors that I'm hearing and how it will change the team in madden before the leagus start up. Also if anyone stands out in preseason and might be in for a ratings change.

HB Arian Foster - injury 1 to 3 months
He was suppose to miss 2 to 3 months but recent reports are he could return sooner. The team tried to sign HB Pierre Thomas but he turned them down bc they didn't off him enough $. That leaves Alferd Blue, Jonathon Grimes and Kenny Hillard at HB on a team with Brian Hoyer as the starting QB.

Matt Flynn cut by patriots
Everyone knows that Tom Brady will be suspended for 4 games unless something changes and Jimmy Garoppola will start those games. Matt Flynn will have a higher rating then Ryan Lindley who might not even make the final roster leaving 2 QB's on the roster 1 of which is suspended

Chris Johnson offered contract by the cardinals
On a team with unproven HB's Andre Ellington, Marion Grice, Sephan Taylor and David Johnson CJ2K could get in the rotation with his speed.

Steelers starting kicker out for the year
Shaun Suishman tore his ACL sunday he was 29 of 32 in FG last year and a new kicker hasn't been signed yet but are working out Alex Henry, Jay Feely and Garrett Hartley

Bucs sign DT Tony McDaniel
He was cut by the seahawks last week to save $ and is a proven player

Panthers CB Chris Houston retires

Giants interested in Aldon Smith

A tricky spot for the league commish as Aldon Smith was cut after like his 5th arrest but isn't suspended and his rating in madden is like a 89. The giants need him as nobody knows how many fingers JPP has.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Geno Smith out 6-10 weeks
In a very entertaining story he was sucker punched by a teammate and is now out 6-10 weeks and of course the guy who punched it is now looking for a job. That leaves a battle between rookie 4th rounder Bryce Petty and Ryan Fitzpatrick for the starting job.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Browns may sign HB Ray Rice
Rumors say browns may sign him with minor injuries to the HB I guess they are looking for a extra punch from there backfield

Steelers sign Garrettt Hartley
This shouldn't be much of a dropoff in madden

Steelers cut WR/QB Devin Gardner
He had a 71 throw power, 84 speed, 90 acc and 64 overall he could have been useful to save a roster spot as a 3rd QB I guess

Bill sign IK Enemkpali
His rating in madden is a 68

Below is a list of big name free agents that have yet to sign I didn't include anyone that retired as I assume they will not be allowed to sign with a team here. But I can make a list of those to if I need to. If I made any mistakes or left off a key guy let me know and i'll add him

QB
Mike Vick
Matt Flynn
Rex Grossman
Tavaris Jackson

HB
Steven Jackson
Pierre Thomas
Knowshon Moreno
Ahmad Bradshaw
Leon Washington
Chris Johnson
Ben Tate
Ray Rice
Peyton Hillis

WR
Wes Welker
Reggie Wayne
Donnie Avery
Mike Williams
Robert Meachem

TE
Zach Miller
Luke Stocker

OL
Jake Long
Sam Baker (will likely retire)
Gosder Cherius
Evan Mathis (95 ovr)
Chris Myers
Rob Sims
Gabe Carimi
Dan Connley
Samson Satele

DE
Mathias Kiwianuka
Dwight Freeney
John Abraham
Daquain Bowers
Osi Umenyoria

DT
Red Bryant
Tommy Kelly
Terrence Cody

LB
Aldon Smith (89 ovr)
Brandon Spikes
Phillip Wheller

CB
Chris Cook
Alfonzo Dennard
Tarell Brown

S
Larandy Landry
Bernard Pollard
Thomas Deccoud

K
Shayne Graham
Alex Henry

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
TE Niles Paul out for the year
The bad news about preseason is you start getting more serious injuries and the redskins lost TE Niles Paul (74 ovr) for the year with a fractured ankle. In madden Jordan Reed (82 ovr) had a higher rating so he would have likely been a backup in madden. Logan Paulson (71 ovr) will be moved up the #2 on the depth chart and a free agent will need to be signed if you control the redskins in a league.

Last edited:

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Phil loadholt out for the year
This is a major blow for the Vikings in madden as Phil had a 85 overall. The starting job will go to rookie 4th round pick TJ Clemons (71 ovr) unless a free agent is signed. Your starting LT Matt Khali only has a 73 overall and no depth to speak about.

knowshon will likely sit out the year
Free agent HB knowshon Moreno will likely sit out the year while still recovering from a ACL Injury.

HB Silas Redd out for the year
Silas redd (71 ovr) who would have competed for the backup HB spot is out for the year. This isn't a major blow as Alford Morris is still starting (84 ovr) and you also have rookie 3rd round pick Matt jones who has the same overall as redd. That would move Chris Thompson up to the #3 back who only is a 69 overall but does have 90 speed. Last years backup helu is now in Oakland.

Top rookie could miss the year
Kevin white for the Bears was expected to fill in for Brandon Marshall after being drafted in the top 10. He could miss the whole year but will atleast miss the first 6 weeks. Alshon Jeffry (90 ovr) is still around along with playmakers forte and Bennett at other positions so the Bears In madden might be able to get by. Veteran Eddie royal in real life is a slot WR but in madden can play on the outside and has a 81 ovr. Marques Wilson (73 ovr) is another option.

Redskins lose another TE for the year
First it was niles Paul and now it's Logan Paulsen (71 ovr) so that leaves Jordan reed as the only player at TE on the roster and even he has a history of injury problems. It's now a must that you sign atleast one TE if you control them.

Bill lose Wynn for the year
Wynn was a backup but had a high rating of 77 and manny Lawson (77 ovr) is still around to backup stars Mario Williams (90 ovr) and jerry Hughes (85 ovr). Alex carrington (72 ovr) will move up to the 2nd string

Rams cb EJ Gaines out for year
Gaines (79 ovr) would have seen the field plenty and will need to be replaced. Janoris Jenkings (81 ovr) and trumaine Johnson (75 ovr) will start but no other cb on the roster has a rating over 70 and one of them will need to be the nickle back.

Last edited:

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Yea it was a big loss I think the center is the only OL with a rating in the 80's for the Vikings.

As I've been writing these up and doing quick research I've learned the free agent pool is gonna be important. Espically as more injuries happen once the madden season starts and a few more weeks of preseason. Not really anyone team that I've came across is just stacked at one position where a season ending Injury has no effect on them.

Last edited:

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Thanks KW I'm trying to balance what I post as I don't want to post everything that happens to people on the roster but I also don't want to just post the star players. So In general if it happens to someone that's a starter or a backup then I post it and only major injuries.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Bills news
This isn't breaking news as far as madden goes but Manuel has got beat out in real life by Matt cassell and tyrod Taylor from the looks of it. All 3 guys in madden have similar ratings in the low 70's but it makes you wonder if EJ will be a surprise cut In a few weeks. They are also working out vet DL red Bryant after losing Wynn for the year. Ty Powell a 63 rated mlb is out for the year. They have signed OLB Quentin groves a former 2nd round pick.

CJ2K signs with cards
i don't see this being as big of a deal as I did when it first was rumored with the way ea punished the speed for vets and that was mostly his game. Still Chris can make the roster as Ellington (77 ovr), David Johnson (70 ovr), Kerwynn Williams (72 ovr), and Stephan Taylor (72 ovr) are the backs on the team

Bucs sign cherilus and lose Dotson
The loss of demar dotson for 6-10 weeks (from now) was bigger then I first realized as he has a 80 overall and was gonna be the LT. Today they signed Gosder Cherilus who was just cut by the colts. Everyone says Gosder has struggled in real life lately but he has a 80 overall in madden. Your starting RT until Dotson comes back is Kevin phampile (75 ovr). The signing of cherilus is a blow to other teams that was looking for a free agent to sign at OT.

Will the Seahawks sign a QB?
Normally i wouldn't post a Injury to a backup thats out 4-6 weeks but since it's the seahawks and it's a QB I decided to. Tavaris Jackson a solid backup (73 overall) but there isn't anything behind him in BJ daniels and RJ archer. BJ (63 ovr) is now playing WR in real life but madden had him listed at QB. RJ archer is arena QB with a (65 ovr) so lots of pressure on Wilson to stay healthy In the preseason and first few weeks.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
A lot of madden news going around so I'll keep this kinda short

Kelvin Benjamin injury nightmare for panthers
Even as a Falcons fan i just hate to see this happen as he is a stud (86 ovr) both in real life and madden and one of the top reasons to use the panthers. You could argue no WR being Injured hurts a team more then this one in a wide open NFC south. Because the depth behind him is very scary though having a star TE will help. Devin Funches is a WR/TE hybrid and is listed at WR but his rating is only a 72. The other options are veterans Jarrett Boykin (72 ovr), Jerrico Crotchery (76 ovr) and Tedd GInn (75 ovr). I'm not exactly sure what the px1 rule book says about other teams signing free agents just to keep a team from signing them but you have to wonder if that will be a strategy in the NFC now as Wes Welker and Reggie Wayne among others are free agents.

Cards lose another OL
I posted earlier in the thread about them losing Bobbie Massie for a few games and now you can add OG mike iupati who has a knee injury for 6-8 weeks to the list. During the first 3 games that puts the top 5 OL ratings at 90,77,77,76 and 74. So overall that's pretty good for losing 2 OL.

Delmas tears ACL again
Quietly this will hurt the Dolphins as the FS had a 83 ratings and the other 3 players at that positions aren't even in the 70's.

Jets sign Matt Flynn
One of the highest ranking FA is off the board (not counting retired guys) as he will likely fall in between Fitzpatrick and Petty on the depth chart

Start safety still holding out
Keep your on Kam chancellor has he still is holding out and and says he has no plans to change not sure how this would be handle in the leagues

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Redskins TE news
After there rash of injuries they have signed DJ Williams and traded a 2017 conditional 5th round pick to the 49ers for Derek Carrier (69 ovr)

OG Evan Mathis still a FA
He is the player everyone will want to sign in the leagues since he is a 95 overall. He has visited seattle and that makes since since he is over 30 and wants to sign with a contender. The titans and dolphins names have also come up lets hope he signs with someone before the leagues get underway.

Cards DT Peters out for the year
DL Corey Peters (80 ovr) who was signed this offseason is once again hurt. Alameda Ta'amu (73 ovr) is the only other DT I see on the cards madden roster which seems very odd.

Last edited:

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
OG Evan Mathis still a FA
He is the player everyone will want to sign in the leagues since he is a 95 overall. He has visited seattle and that makes since since he is over 30 and wants to sign with a contender. The titans and dolphins names havoe also come up lets hope he signs with someone before the leagues get underway.

Let's not if it's the Seahawks :rolleyes:

Besides, the rosters won't be updated by the time the leagues start so Tampa Bay and Tennessee will have first dibs.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
ChiefsSeahawks%20JFS%2011-16-14%200626.jpg

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
pack1797 or majesty95

Do I need to make a list of players that are retired that will be in the free agent pool for the leagues? I don't know the exact rules on that on if they will be allowed to sign with teams but I assumed they wouldn't be.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I don't know about retirements. Theoretically they could come back. But if guys LIke Chris Borland are in there they should maybe be off limits. But on the other hand, we can't prevent the CPU from signing them so...