Green Bay Packers Team Page

pack1797

Staff member
As week 8 draws to a close, many of the Packer faithful are wondering what the hell is going on around here. Aaron Rodgers looms like a nervous rookie and the defense is suspect at best. Do the cheeseheads have any reason other than pride to watch the rest of the season?

" This season has been up and down to say the least" says owner Funkystuff Pack. "A change in front office personnel has shook up our players, pure and simple." "But the season is far from over, and our boys know how to close out a season." Says Pack. Aaron Rodgers has had the worst year of his charmed career, leading the league in interceptions. The defense seemed to show it's true colors against the Saints prolific offense in a double digit loss. What could possibly be the upside?

"Patience" stresses Pack. "Guys need time to adjust. But let me be clear, if our team can't deliver as put together, then we'll start from scratch." Something of a veiled warning from the Packers unpredictable owner. Will he really dismantle a team that won the super bowl just a few years back?

Time will tell.

Until then, all players and coaches are on notice. Win or get out.

pack1797

Staff member
Sources close to the Packer organization say that an offer has been made to the browns involving Randall Cobb and undetermined draft picks for Josh Gordon. When asked to verify, owner Funkystuff Pack said simply " I guess we'll just have to see what happens, but Green Bay expects to be a contender, and we will do what we have to provide our fans with the team they deserve."

pack1797

Staff member
Green-Bay-Packers-3.jpg

GREEN BAY PACKERS
2016 SEASON PREVIEW

images

Welcome to the Packers's 2016 Season Preview! We got a chance to sit down with head coach Mike McCarthy and team owner Funkystuff Pack to get an early look at the team has done to turn this proud franchise around after three disappointing seasons. Thanks for coming out guys!
McCarthy: glad to be here.
Pack: thanks for having us!
Let's talk about last year, and what a tough year it was for Packer fans.
Last year was terrible, and the best thing about it is that it's over. Not here to discuss the past.
Alright then, moving on. First off there were rumors swirling that you wouldn't return this year. Care to elaborate on that?
Well, there were other offers, but this organization has been good to me. It was really blown out of proportion, but I guess that's the nature of the business. It's good to be with this team for the foreseeable future.
To be clear, Mike is our guy. He's the best coach in the league, and we're lucky to have him in Green Bay.
A lot of fans were wondering if the team was going to make any big off season, and you didn't disappoint, trading Josh sitton for Demarcus Ware to the Broncos. Fans seem pretty excited about an all pro end being in Green and Gold.
It was a tough move to let Josh go, but we have young talent on our line, and with Mike Neal leaving, we needed an anchor on the defensive line. Ware is all that. He's a veteran that still has plenty of game left in him. He can provide leadership for our defensive front, and our young guys will benefit from playing with him.
Speaking of young guys, how do you feel about this year's draft class?
Jean and Avery have the talent to start opening week for us, so we're really excited about those two. The rest of the rookies, we'll just see how it goes. They need some schooling up, but our staff has a good track record in developing young talent. So we're really excited about the new class of packers.
Is the offensive philosophy still viable in this day and age? Secondaries across the league have become much more athletic, and several high powered passing offenses have felt the sting. Is this still a west coast offense?
The short answer is yes. But you obviously have to adapt. I don't want to give too much away, but look for some new wrinkles in our offensive scheme.
In closing, let me say this. Our fans deserve better than what we have given them, and we plan to deliver the goods this season. Look for the Packers to start making waves again in 2016.