• Not Important. We Are a LIVE League

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Hey guys, I need some feedback.

I think I may have bitten off more than I can chew. I really wanted to go in and edit all of the fight videos and compile the fights into one video that we can share on YouTube and post here for history's sake. However, after spending 5-6 hours (+5 hours of compressing/save time) on CFA 3 to which I still cannot get the file to save right, I beginning to wonder if this is even worth it. I've been trying to promote the site and the league on Twitch which takes up quite a bit of time. I've also been trying to do everything I can in here to make things move smoothly. I also need to work my real job unless one of you is independently wealthy and wants to pay me to be your league director :p

So my question is, how important are the full fight replay videos to you? How much would they build/lessen the value of the league? What other, less time intensive, things can we do to increase the value of the league?

I'd appreciate any feedback that you guys have. Not only do I want to make this league as great as possible, but I also am going to start promoting the site for Madden leagues and want to know what features I should promise and which should be left as surprises should I find the time to do them?

Thanks!

majesty95 I don't even think its necessary, I mean, maybe one event here and there would be nice to save but we all have the streams archived. When people look up CFA or even just our Twitch accounts they'll get the full list of videos we already have, plus the ones we have of our own stuff. and theres no reason all of us cant just embed our saved streams from the events into a thread on here if it was needed.

Gilgamesh101

Starter
If they are too much, don't do it. As for an alternative, a review of each event would be less time consuming bit essentially give the reader the jist of what occurred.

woodsmall12

All-Star
I am in agreeance with devilinthedark67 ... guys who want to watch the fights are actually tuning into see them ... ya kinda have to watch the live streams anyway to know when you fight next and we have seen a lot of participants tuning in and chatting during live events ... dark made a good point as well in the fact that fights should be archived under each user's twitch page

I would leave well enough alone and just work on putting together some highlight video that just promotes the site and league now that we have 5 cards in the books ... plus if this frees up more of your time to keep more cards going on a more regular basis, then the fun continues for us!

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Well that only took a second to figure out lmao, but theres no way to embed a saved video? it just embeds your live stream?

You can trim the video and highlight it on twitch then upload it to YouTube. If we can get guys to do that for their fights then we can post or link those in fight recaps. It will also give us more exposure on YouTube which will be good.

I'll delete your post dev since it didn't work lol

danwin

Starter
I put all my fights (wins or loses) on my Youtube channel so its really up to you if you want to do a full event video. I know it can be alot of work and very time consuming so it s really your choice. By the way, my youtube username is Dan UpLateGamer. So subscribe to my channel and i'll subscribe back to yours.:)