Free Agency | Season 1 | VIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Now that the regular season has started, we are going to limit free agents to one (1) per week. Typically teams do not sign more than one guy in a week in real life so that is why we will limit it here. The goal is to make sure that you have enough depth to absorb an injury here and there and then pick up a free agent if you have an unusually bad week or lose a quality guy at one of the positions you just couldn't build depth at yet.

Free agents during the regular season are first-come, first-served. Once you sign a free agent in the game make sure to come back here and post your team, the player's name, his position and overall.

Thank you and good luck!

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
BlackPaw priestmvp We didn't get this thread up when the league advanced. I tried to move your ;costs in here but it wound up deleting them. Please re-post your claims. However, you are only allowed one player per week during the regular season so please drop one of the guys you each signed. Not a big deal, just remind us if a thread like that doesn't go up and get clarification. We want everyone on the same page and playing under the same guidelines. Thanks.

B

BlackPaw

Lions sign

WK1 Steven Nelson CB 66 OVR
Rashean Mathis CB 82 OVR was a replacement for A. Dennard(CPU signed)

B

BlackPaw

So you are keeping Mathis as your Week 2 signing? Just trying to clarify since you did not post that.
no, i replaced Dennard because i had to release him due to the CPU signing him. Does that carry over as a week 2 signing? seems like that shouldn't be the case.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
no, i replaced Dennard because i had to release him due to the CPU signing him. Does that carry over as a week 2 signing? seems like that shouldn't be the case.

We've tried to explain this as best we can. I'm sorry we have not made it more clear.

Everyone has to follow the same transaction guidelines. You were able to sign two guys each of the last two weeks of the preseason and one each week of the regular season. You singed a QB and WR in week 4 of the preseason which I believe is the first week you were able to log in. So that leaves one guy last week and one guys this week. The fact that the CPU signed Dennard is irrelevant. Other guys had the CPU sign guys and had to drop them. They were not able to sign replacements.

I understand your situation is unique because you were not able to log in and the CPU made some roster moves. But that is no different than a user who would join midseason. They would not be able to sign additional guys just because they joined late and the CPU did some things they did not like. The exception would be if the CPU left the team without enough players to fill a certain position but that is not the case here as you have 7 CBs on your roster. We will allow you to keep both of those CBs if you choose, but the second will be your signing for Week 2 if indeed you choose to keep them both.

B

BlackPaw

We've tried to explain this as best we can. I'm sorry we have not made it more clear.

Everyone has to follow the same transaction guidelines. You were able to sign two guys each of the last two weeks of the preseason and one each week of the regular season. You singed a QB and WR in week 4 of the preseason which I believe is the first week you were able to log in. So that leaves one guy last week and one guys this week. The fact that the CPU signed Dennard is irrelevant. Other guys had the CPU sign guys and had to drop them. They were not able to sign replacements.

I understand your situation is unique because you were not able to log in and the CPU made some roster moves. But that is no different than a user who would join mid-season. They would not be able to sign additional guys just because they joined late and the CPU did some things they did not like. The exception would be if the CPU left the team without enough players to fill a certain position but that is not the case here as you have 7 CBs on your roster. We will allow you to keep both of those CBs if you choose, but the second will be your signing for Week 2 if indeed you choose to keep them both.
How is that no different from a mid-season user? Would they be told to drop a player that was awarded week 1 preseason because the owner didn't sign them, at mid-season? I accommodated a CPU error and filled my roster accordingly. I shouldn't have to carry over the signing to week 2. That is trash man. They were not able to sign replacements but had the ability to fill the roster over the next preseason weeks. It is not irrelevant, that signing triggered other roster moves by the CPU. By me dropping a CPU signed player week 1of the regular season left me short a player. But whatever man, you really need to look at the entire situation. Call it unique one second and treat it as normal the next, lol

Furthermore, "each person has to follow the same transaction guidelines"... yet a owner missed signing his player before the deadline(WK1) and the CPU signed him the next advance(WK2)...

Last edited by a moderator:

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
How is that no different from a mid-season user? Would they be told to drop a player that was awarded week 1 preseason because the owner didn't sign them, at mid-season? I accommodated a CPU error and filled my roster accordingly. I shouldn't have to carry over the signing to week 2. That is trash man. They were not able to sign replacements but had the ability to fill the roster over the next preseason weeks. It is not irrelevant, that signing triggered other roster moves by the CPU. By me dropping a CPU signed player week 1of the regular season left me short a player. But whatever man, you really need to look at the entire situation. Call it unique one second and treat it as normal the next, lol

Furthermore, "each person has to follow the same transaction guidelines"... yet a owner missed signing his player before the deadline(WK1) and the CPU signed him the next advance(WK2)...

I'm not going to have this discussion in this thread. Take it to PM. I was trying to explain what I and pack1797 both discussed offline.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Ok, so here's a quick rundown of the issue and the result.

BlackPaw thought we were making him drop Dennard so that ACH_Bucks could sign him even though he missed the opportunity to do so by not signing him by the deadline. ACH just happened to be the one that pointed out Paw had a player that he did not claim and was made aware privately that if the CPU or another user signed Dennard before he was able to, he would be out of luck.

pack1797 and I both though that Paw was asking for special rights to sign certain guys bc he was unavailable to join earlier. What Paw was trying to say was that the CPU cut Mathis after it signed Dennard so it is logical that he be allowed to pick Mathis back up to reverse that which we will allow without Paw using a free agent claim.

It was a unique scenario and one that should not come up often, but if it does again, please PM both Matt and I privately and explain the situation in full (remember we are running 3 leagues and responsible for 63 teams presently) and we will do the right thing for all parties when presented with the situation in full.

If you have any other questions, comments or concerns please send them to us in PM. Thanks.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I apologize for being the root of this problem.

No need to apologize and we don't need any more comments in here as it needs to stay clean for posting of free agents. It was just some miscommunication that got sorted out. No worries.

Status
Not open for further replies.