Five things to do when you start madden

MisterFiveoh2

Prospect
So you just took the plastic off your brand new copy of madden 17 and your not quite sure where to start. This is my short list of modes I’ll be jumping into right out of gate and reasons why I think you should follow suit.

• Start your ultimate team

If you are planning on playing ultimate team this year going ahead and starting the process of building your team right out of the gate is a smart move. I wouldn’t recommend jumping right into H2H matches but knowing what your starting with is a valuable asset for when you start planning out how your going to build your squad.

• Completing the Gatorade Skill Trainers

There is a lot of different benifits to completing the Gatorade Skill Trainers. Madden 17 will be one of the most complex maddens of all time. The additions of new offensive skill animations and button combinations for jukes, stiff arming and even sliding with the quarterback to go along with the new defensive zones and gap and edge assignments there will be a steep learning curve this year compared to past versions of the game. The Gatorade Skill Trainers are the perfect way to knock the rust off and to learn all of the news gameplay changes and on top of that you will receive a gold ultimate team player for every drill you complete which will give you a head start in building your ultimate team.

• Running the gauntlet

So I guess having the gauntlet as its own separate entity on this list is somewhat of a cop out so let me explain. After completing the Gatorade Skill Trainers drills I honestly believe that the gauntlet is a great way to try out your newly acquired skills in a pressure situation. Only being able to make a handful of mistakes makes the gauntlet a half way decent comparison to the pressure of playing madden online competitively. the gauntlet is also a very addictive mode and a nice change of pace from the rest of a very simulation style sports title.

• Grinding Solos

You have already completed the Gatorade skill trainers so you should have a handful of gold players in your arsenal that I’m sure by this point you want to give a try. Your team is still not competitive enough to take online so Solo Challenges are a great way to start building up your coins and also a good way to start earning some packs. Trust me when I say this, if you start the solo grind early in the year you will really reap the benifits later in the year. Every great MUT player will tell you the real rewards come from grinding out the solos. My advice is to not start on all madden solos. Your team is going to be pretty weak starting off doing lower difficulty solos will be a lot less frustrating and will give you time to build up your roster

• Starting a CFM

So you have been grinding solos for a while now and you want a break so where to next? My next move would be to CFM. The dev team has put so much work into making Connected Franchise Mode an a lot more immersive experience compared to years past. They have added big decisions into the game where you will make key decisions that will determine if your teams a winner or a pretender. For the first time ever in madden they have gave users the ability to have a practice squad. Scouting has also received a great boost. I’m not going to get into all the things they have added but if that interest you check out MoonlightSwami’s YouTube channel he gets very in depth with all of the CFM additions and improvements.

https://m.youtube.com/user/MoonlightSwami

CFM is one of those modes that has a little something for everyone. If you want control everything you can be the owner, if you just want to control player personnel and what happens on the field you can be the Head Coach, maybe you just want to control one single player you have that option too. Whether you enjoy playing alone or with some friends this is a mode that is definitely worth giving a try.

What is your day one madden plans? What modes do plan on diving into? Let me know MisterFiveoh2

Last edited: