FA Draft questions

w4mvp

Prospect
Are we having a preseason free agency draft in this league?
If so, how will it work?
How many rounds?
When will it be?
I am itching to get started in this league and thought maybe we could do that while we wait for a patch. That way when the patch hits we can get right to the action!

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
We do a waiver process. Each team will post their top 3-5 waiver choices and we will assign 1-2 per week (depending on depth of FA pool). The waiver order is the draft order which gives the poorer teams a better chance at the best players. We generally do this before the first week or two of the preseason.

w4mvp

Prospect
So every week we can only sign guys who go through the waiver process? Is this for all players or is it a free for all for fas with low ratings ?

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
We only do waiver for th first week or two of preseason to balance it out. Then you can usually sign up to one player per week. Guys should be filling out their rosters and signing adequate depth in offseason so shouldn't be relying on signing multiple guys every week.

Ol'ColdToes

Starter
Piggybacking on this conversation...
Any decision on whether we'll use an updated roster with up to date FA acquisitions (i.e. will Evan Mathis be joining me in Denver or will he be available for any team to sign through waiver process)?

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Still undecided. Its using the default 75-man roster vs an updated roster. I kind of lean toward the default 75-man roster for going through pre-season with a full roster. Also, guys liek Mathis have a shot at going to a team that really needs them vs stacking another team at the top.

I think we should use the most updated roster we can because it might end up helping the lower rated teams. We have to keep in mind that in CFM the ratings for the players are going to be a little different and there won't be any teams in the 90's like in online head to head. It really depends on the players ability to fit the schemes. But that's why the best possible ratings are important especially with the decreased experience that players will get throughout the season, there's not going to be multiple players with 40,000 points by the end of the season. And my last point is that if we are upholding suspensions to be sim then we should play with the latest rosters, that is if they are available when we begin.

w4mvp

Prospect
I think we should use the most updated roster we can because it might end up helping the lower rated teams. We have to keep in mind that in CFM the ratings for the players are going to be a little different and there won't be any teams in the 90's like in online head to head. It really depends on the players ability to fit the schemes. But that's why the best possible ratings are important especially with the decreased experience that players will get throughout the season, there's not going to be multiple players with 40,000 points by the end of the season. And my last point is that if we are upholding suspensions to be sim then we should play with the latest rosters, that is if they are available when we begin.

You know you just want Reggie Wayne ;)

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
The "updated" roster is the same as the online roster from what I've seen. They don't update the 75-man roster. And I don't think the ratings are going to change much without a regular season game having been played. The biggest issue is guys like Mathis and Wayne and Vick going to teams that are already stacked vs letting a team in need of that talent use them to compete this year. We aren't making millions and happy with turning a profit :p Everyone in here wants to win and if we can let guys with mid-70's OVR teams have a better shot vs loading up a 90 OVR team, I think that's in the best interest of the league overall.