Eagles will receive:

C Noah Sam: Age 23 Overall 74 Dev: Avg
1 year 720k: Cap Penalty of 150k

HB Aundre Frazier: Age 24 Overall 77 Dev: Star
3 years left on a 4 year 2.04M contract. Cap penalty of 420k

FS Gerod Holliman: Age 23 Overall 70 Dev: Avg
1 year 760k; Cap penalty of 160k

Chargers reasoning,

Add depth on the defensive side of the ball with a switch to a Hybrid defense, Graham will push to be an opening day starter and if Free Agency does not pan out for me then Allen will be the starter at NT. At worst Allen could rotate in at DT in a 4-3, a position he has the athleticism for (he also played in a 4-3 in college). All three players the Chargers are sending away are backups with no chance at starting in the foreseeable future.

Eagles reasoning,

Get younger, Sam gives them an injection of youth in the middle of the line. Frazier becomes the RB in waiting for Murrays inevitable departure. Holliman gives them an athletic young DB with great speed to serve as a back-up and good special teamer. Graham and Allen no longer fit the defensive style the Eagles want to play so they are trying to get rid of what they can before they can move on.

If you have anything to add to that Vandalay14 feel free.

Vandalay14

Contributor
Eagles confirm.

Eagles had an excess of pass rushers and Graham is a very good player but his departure will allow Smith to develop. Allen is a good young player who doesn't get a ton of playing time because of how much Logan plays and is rotated out naturally (in nickel alignments). In return, getting Sam will allow the team to move Kelce to guard where his speed/agility will make him a very effective pulling machine. Frazier will replace Sproles on the depth chart and eventually Murray as starter. And Holliman will be much needed athletic backup in the secondary.

Glen Cieske

All-Star
Screenshot_2015-12-27-06-49-15_zps5oahay3e.png

Screenshot_2015-12-27-06-49-51_zpsaoiyezm1.png

Screenshot_2015-12-27-06-52-17_zpsy8f0hg7a.png

Screenshot_2015-12-27-06-52-53_zps4pfgelau.png

Screenshot_2015-12-18-10-37-52_zpsnkzakr3w.png

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I'm going to vote no. Graham is definitely a 1st round value. But Frazier was just taken in the 3rd which shows how deep these drafts are at HB. His star development probably makes him a 2nd though. However, each of the other two players are worth 4th rounders at best. I'd like to see SD give up a little more. Probably a 2nd round type value.

Tigers20 georgiafan NightHawkTH32 zbenjamin85

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
I'm on the trade committee as majesty texted me last night and looks like this deal is still up in the air

To me trading DT Allen for C Sam is a wash so now your looking at trading HB FRazier and S holliman for DE graham. Frazier is a product of the inflated draft class at HB something that will be toned down starting season 3. My initial thoughts are the chargers are giving up a little to much bc the superstar development of Frazier. Since graham is soon to be 30

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I overlooked Sam. I still don't think he's worth more than a 4th so still think SD isn't giving up quite enough. I guess we're split though so depends on what the others think.

Glen Cieske

All-Star
I don't think Graham is a 1st round value, not at the age of 30 and 84 overall. With an avg dev trait he won't get much better.

He would be switching between both with my hybrid defense. In my scheme I want a pass rushing OLB.

I won't know what overall he would be until he's on my team :p

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I don't think Graham is a 1st round value, not at the age of 30 and 84 overall. With an avg dev trait he won't get much better.

He would be switching between both with my hybrid defense. In my scheme I want a pass rushing OLB.

I won't know what overall he would be until he's on my team :p

It's pretty hard to get an 84 OVR OLB. I also suspect his ratings will go up at DE. I still think he's worth a first. Maybe a late first but a first. I just don't value the 70 and 74 OVR guys very high and Frazier is easily replaced I think I'm these drafts.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
That is a good point about HBs though and I would be curious to see the reason for Eagles picking Frazier over the HBs he has scouted.

like u I assume graham rating will go up maybe Even pushing 90 if he is moved to DE bc he isn't that fast anymore.

Glen Cieske

All-Star
georgiafan I think the biggest reason is the star dev trait. You don't know if you're getting an avg trait or star in the draft. I've done a couple offline were the best RB was overall 80+ with avg trait.

Glen Cieske

All-Star
I do want to put it out there that I'd be willing to add another player, of course depending who.

I would not, however, be willing to add draft picks.

NightHawkTH32

All-Star
Im going to agree with Mike and vote no....Its close but I think that graham is first round value, even at age 30. The star dev of the HB makes this deal much closer, but it'sstill just a little off cuz these drafts are hella deep at HB. Close guys, tweak it a bit

Tigers20

All-Star
Although Sam and Allen are close to an even swap I would have to say it favors the Eagles because of his youth. As far as Graham I agree with majesty95 he is definitely a First Rd Value and he will likely start. I can see the value for the Eagles to get younger but what players will be impactful this season from this trade? Frazer's fast development helps but not enough to justify the value Graham will add for the Chargers immediately. I's like to see the Chargers give a little more as well.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Yea Fraziers star devlopment isn't gonna mean this year since he will be the backup. I would like to Eagles to get a starter out of the deal