Dolphims and Packers trade

Luis3250

All-Star
Dolphins need OL and this years draft is not deep in OL. Phins were going to use the 3rd rd pick on a OL and don't believe there will be any close to either of these two by then. Also will need help in their run blocking and pass blocking to protect possibly a rookie QB.

Packers are deep in OL and are looking to trade some away for picks.

Gubber227

Starter
I am gonna have to deny. Just a 3rd round pick is not enough in my eyes. Bakhitiari is one of the best pass blocking Left tackles in the game an is still young. Tomlinson is also a yound guy with still plenty of time to develop with being only 28. He could easily have both pass block an run block over 90 by age 30.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Tomlinson is the key player in this trade to me as I am not as high on bakhtiari as gubber is. While he has great pass blocking he doesn't have run blocking or strength. While this is a 3rd round pick it's the first pick in the 3rd round so basically a late 2nd. So packers can get a quality player with that pick. Tomlinson is worth the pick alone as Dolphins will not be able to get a OG worth that with that pick.

I see what's gubber is saying but with the reseaon behind the trade for the packers and having depth at OL I think it's fair for both team.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I'd have to agree that what is essentially a late-2nd round pick is not enough for two quality starters. I'd probably be ok with a 3rd and a 4th though. You would need at least two of three remaining guys to sign off on that as well if you choose to do that. pack1797 Gubber227 BigTexas18

pack1797

Staff member
Dolphins need to add more here. These are two possible day one starters. Packers need to get more than one pick for that.

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
Not enough value as is. Add a 4th then I'm good. Like everyone has stated. This is 2 starters for a 3rd (late 2nd as we are calling it) round pick.

pack1797

Staff member
I assumed it was bathraki for the 65 th pick. If I'm wrong, then I withhold my vote until it's clarified.