Defensive Line Play (Rule Change)

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
We have tested the line play in Madden 16 quite a bit and feel it is much more balanced this year than it was on Madden 15. Therefore, we are lifting the restriction on the use of defensive line players. This has been updated in the League Rules and Guidelines.

We still encourage everyone to try and use linebackers and/or safeties at times and to not just stick on the same defensive lineman all game. However, you can control the same defensive lineman for the majority of your plays if you choose to. As with all rules and policies, we reserve the right to amend this in the future if it indeed proves to be exploitable.

If you have any questions or comments, please direct them to pack1797 or post them here in this thread. Enjoy!

Xxclaywilliamxx, Colefolks319, Konvict27, BigTexas18, pack1797, Glen Cieske, rkjones217, Paytonno1son, BlackPaw, Kwarren3, woodsmall12, NightHawkTH32, CJTHA1, georgiafan, priestmvp, iTvizzyy, ACH_Bucks, cnorys4, JFortner4, Croutard, Ninersfan8052

pack1797

Staff member
Sacks are still possible, but the numbers are more realistic in my experience. Should help guys that like to let the AI handle coverage.

Croutard

Contributor
I'm a fan of this :) even though I'll play LB a lot there will be some games where I want to just be JJ Watt like 80% of the time and see what kind of season I can put together with him, if I'm getting too many sacks with him I'll switch to other players, especially against the CPU

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Good move I'm also a fan of this as I a use to using DL and then LB when I am blitz or on running downs. Plus like yall said so far I am not getting a crazy amount of sacks