Coaches Corner Press Conference - Chargers / Glen Cieske

Who wins the AFC west?

• Raiders

• Chiefs

• Chargers

Results are only viewable after voting.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
What was you thinking In your last game vs Denver when they went up 9 points with about 3 minutes left? How nervous was you on the spot after the Denver 3rd down catch that forced them to punt instead of getting a fresh set of downs?

I think my heart may have skipped a beat, it was really close. I wasn't sure we would get the spot. Defense came up big this game when the offense sputtered, it was a learning experience. I think we may have been looking ahead to KC.

You were responsible for the new radiers coach Spayer for getting his job with Oakland. What are your thoughts on how he is doing with the team? Are you kinda regretting it now that that he could knock you out of the playoffs.

Spayer is an excellent owner and a good friend, our rivalry goes back and it's awesome to rekindle that this year. I knew ahead of time he would challenge me on top of the division along with Majesty. I wouldn't be suprised if this happened every year in the AFC West. It's an absolute blast knowing at anytime if you slip up, it could mean your season is over.

The AFC west is clearly the best division in football this year just how tough is it? How much will that help you come playoff time?

It is extremely tough knowing that you could have a great year but still miss the playoffs. We have to continually work to get better every week and connotations get complacent. As far as the toughness helping in the playoffs, there's pluses and minuses to that. On the plus side I will be ready to play anybody and this team has been tested, multiple times. The bad part is, we won't be sneaking up on anyone. Teams will be ready to play us and will know they have to bring their A game to beat us.

You have a major game this week vs a team you know very well and majesty and the chiefs. The first time yall played you won 38-13 because of turnovers. What do you expect will change this time around as it is a must win game for the chiefs?

I don't expect him to turn the ball over like he did in game 1. But I do think in the pressure of a must win game, he will take risks and if we can capitalize on those and create them into turnovers we will be ok. Majesty is a smart player, I don't expect him to try the same stuff he did in our first meeting, it's going to be a battle.

Melvin Gordon is having a breakout year and is not only in the rookie of the year race but also the MVP race with over 1,200 yards and 15 TD plus is a threat catching the ball. But the chiefs are 3rd in the NFL in defense rushing yards with only 65 yards a game. Does that change the gameplan any?

It does not, I have complete faith in our ability to run the ball to control the clock and create turnovers. We are one of the best, if not the best at doing so and it will continue to be that way. With that being said we should be able to get the ball into the hands of our WRs more now that we are expected to run, if the defense wants to try and take away the run, Rivers could have a monster day, stay tuned.

Others teams lined up next - Panthers, Bills, Jets (let me know if you want to do one)

majesty95 Xxclaywilliamxx cnorys4 Glen Cieske Spayer419 BigTexas18 pack1797zbenjamin85 BlackPaw woodsmall12 ACH_Bucks rkjones217 NightHawkTH32 Ninersfan8052 Kwarren3 Paytonno1son Jandy

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
We have been coaching up Alex Smith. He should be much better this week (fingers crossed).

And it is not a blast playing in a division like this. Lol. Its a nut grinder. I need Xanax :confused:

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
I would agree with majesty and it would be a interesting poll to see if people would really rather be in a hard division or a easy one. I don't think any of us want a divison where you are automatic champs or anything. Incase yall missed it I did add a poll to the top of the thread.