Coaches Corner Press Conference - Browns / BigTexas18

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
How do you get your team ready to play after another crushing loss vs your hated rivals the Baltimore Ravens?

Hey man, thanks for taking the time to interview me. Well we just move on. Yes that game was depressing, but it's over. The thing that means the most to me in this game is beating the Ravens, and the fact that we lost twice this year, something that has never happened, is a wake up call. I hold each player responsible for their role especially in Ravens games. In the first game Tramon got burned twice for 80 yard plays. He lost his starting job. In game 2, we put the game in Coons hand for the winning FG, and he misses. We have now signed Garrett Hartley. These guys know how important Ravens game are, its our superbowl twice a year. We are going to take the rest of this season and the offseason and get our team right, and we will come out guns blazin next year!

The bengals have won 2 games in a row is it safe to say this is a elimination game for the playoffs? Do you think you have to win out to make the playoffs?

Yes we will have to win out to make the playoffs. We haven't had a winning record yet this season. We currently sit at 5-6. Only possible way we have a shot to make a wildcard spot is to go 10-6. I'm not worried about the Bengals, i'm focused on us. Next

Johnny currently has 2,454 yards, 18 TD, 20 interceptions and 63%. How would you rate his play so far this year?

I've actually been impressed. The kid is 22, and he is going out there making plays. He is not a top tier quarterback yet, that is going to take time and experience, but he is competing. He gave us a solid good drive to have a shot to win vs the Ravens. Mistakes are going to happen. What i'm really upset about is our running game. If that was working a little better it would take some pressure off of Johnny and allow him to play better.

With Andy Dalton quietly have a good year with 2,680 yards and double the amount of TD then interceptions. Is it safe to say that is the key matchup?

The key is going to get pressure on him. We are 2nd to last in sacks this year. Our DLine is having a hard time getting to the quarterback. Alot of opportunity there. We played the Bengals 3 weeks ago, on the road and we had 3 interceptions against Dalton. Joe Haden got 2, including a pick 6, and Tashaun Gipson had one to end the game. We know Andy, we know his play style and his go to guy, but we also know if we don't get pressure he is going to kill us. Haden our most senior CB guy kept us in that game and gave us the shot to win. I expect nothing but the same from him this week.

Barkevious Mingo leads the team with only 3.5 sacks and as a team you only have 13 which is 2nd to last in the NFL. What will you do get more pressure on the QB?

Ah, there the question about the sacks! I don't get it. In practice and scrimmages these guys scrap and get to the QB all the time. When in game, they seem lazy, and unmotivated. I'm not sure what's going on to where we only have 13 sacks this year, but that is unacceptable. I've already shown it this year, everyone has a role and if you don't compete to that role, we'll see where we are at year end. Will these guys still be here next season? At this point I can't tell you that, but what i can tell you is things on this defensive front need to improve, or a few changes may be made.

Xxclaywilliamxx cnorys4 BigTexas18 pack1797 Glen Cieske majesty95 Spayer419 ACH_Bucks BlackPaw rkjones217 Paytonno1son Kwarren3 zbenjamin85 NightHawkTH32 Ninersfan8052 woodsmall12