Coaches Corner Press Conference - bears/ paytonno1son

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Some of you may have saw my post in the other thread but this will be a weekly feature that I will be doing and we already have several teams lined up. It's pretty simple If you want to be a part of it let me know and I'll send you press conference style questions via PM. Then you answer them back to me and I'll post them on here. I can do it via in game questions like "why did you call that play on 3rd down" or general style questions like I have done here. Since its getting late in the late year I can double up and then start clean with 1 per week in year 2.

With you being a vet coach it came as a surprise that you got off to a 1-8 start. What was some of the main reasons for a slow start?

To tell the truth, not surprised. More so disappointed. We knew coming in here that switching from a 4-3 to a 3-4. We knew the players didn't fit but we hoped that we could catch lightning in a bottle. As you can see, that hasn't been the case.

You have won 2 games a in row what is your team doing right in those 2 games that it didn't in the first 9?
All we are doing right is competing. We opened up the roster to every one. Guys continued to compete in practice and earn starting roles and playing time. Those are the guys you see now winning.

With 5 games left on the schedule and 3 of those vs teams with a losing record. How important is it to get some more wins going into next year?
Wins are the goal, so that is very important. Our goal is to win out so we can continue to grow for next year.

Some of the teams fans was openly rooting against you to win so you could land the #1 overall draft pick. What do you have to say to those fans? What will be some of the biggest need areas for the team going into next offseason?

I love our fans, but that is non-sense. The #1 pick isn't guaranteed. As far as the draft, we need more picks. We need to find creative ways to accumulate picks. Right now, the feeling is for Defense in the draft. We need to get the right guys in our system.

David Fales has looked better in his last few starts is he your starting QB next year? What is the plans with Jay Cutler and is trading or cutting him even possible with his salary?

David is a competitor. But so is Jay. Jay's athleticism is off the charts. Jay's only flaw maybe his superhuman mentality. He feels he can put the ball through defender sometimes and that is just not reality. We want Jay on this team and we'd be foolish to just let him go. We'll listen to offers, if they come. His salary isn't an issue because the guaranteed money has already been paid...so non-issue.

Xxclaywilliamxx cnorys4 BigTexas18 pack1797 Glen Cieske majesty95 Spayer419 ACH_Bucks BlackPaw rkjones217 Paytonno1son Kwarren3 zbenjamin85 NightHawkTH32 Ninersfan8052 woodsmall12

Last edited:

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Thanks man this seems to be a major hit and it doesn't take long for either side to do. I will need to post it in the team forum from now on. But expect to see some more tomorrow after we advance tonight

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
You don't need to post these in the team forum. Some league wide stuff can go in here as it's easier to find

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Ok gotcha I'll keep on posting them here then up next will be the brown I'll prob post it in the morning after advance