Coach Spotlight - Oakland Raiders Season 1 Week 14

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
raiders-fans_zps8613d21c.jpg

OAKLAND RAIDERS
AFC WEST
7-6
I recently caught up with Warren7, the owner of the Oakland Raiders for an interview explaining his season, trades, and where his team is going. This is what he had to say:

• When i say the names Derek Carr, Terrence West, and Kahlil Mack, What words come to mind to describe these players and their role on the team?
"The future. Plain and simple, we have suffered through a lot of basement dwelling and they've been put in place to change that."

• Terrence West was shipped to you in a deal involving MJD. West is your starter at HB, leading rusher on the team, and as of right now is leading the race for AFC Offensive Rookie of the Year award. MJD on the other side in Cleveland is 3rd in the league in rushing, and is in the running for a MVP award. Explain how this trade came to be. There was alot of criticism surrounding this deal, but the Raiders had an eye for something the Browns obviously didn't. West had 1 carry on the season before he landed in Oakland. Explain how this trade has impacted your team. Do you think Jones-Drew would be having the stellar year he is if he was still here?
"The T-West trade had a few motives. Getting younger and capitalizing on a Superstar while he still had value were the main factors. We hand picked West out of Cleavland because we saw a young Frank Gore. This rebuild here is based on what the boys across the bridge have done in the last 5 year in San Fran. We just want the condensed 1 year version. Filling out our linbacking core with Sheard made that deal a no brainer for us. MJD although a superstar was never "at home" in Oakland. And one thing is true with our new Raiders you don't want to be here , we don't want ya."

• Charles Woodson, icon of the NFL, and face of this organization. He is now 37 years old, but don't tell him that! He is having a stellar year in his "old man" age, as he is 2nd in tackles for your defense. Everyone speculates that this will be his last year. Have you heard any talk or rumors to discharge these rumors? How good of a role model has he been for the younger guys on your defense? Your next in line is Usama Young. How much confidence do you have in a player that has been in the league for 7 years, and still hasn't developed fully like expectations had hoped?
"Woodson is our defensive leader and the voice of our dressing room. A class act on and off the field. We will sit down at year end and I will put a big number on a piece of paper and we will go from there. He's having a ton of fun out there this year and every week I think the chances grow that he will still have the "itch". If he doesn't return that paycheck he was offered may go to the FA market.

• Your currently sitting at 7-6 in your first year, and fighting a few teams for a playoff spot, since the Chiefs have already won the division. Explain the fan base here in Oakland. We all know Raider fans for their crazy, intricate costumes and their "We may not win on the field, but we'll win in the parking lot" attitude. What kind of reaction do you think you would get from the fans if you didn't make the playoffs in your first year since you've already come this far? This has got to be alot of pressure.
"Raider nation has already started buzzing with the way the seasons gone since I arrived. One thing is true, we still better win in the parking lot but we can take your head off on the gridiron now too. We take the Oakland mentality out there every game and its paying off. The teams getting better every week and this is an exciting time in Raiderland. This year is already a success and that's what makes us dangerous. We have so much to gain, nothing too lose and more excitement than there's been in years. "

• You have three games left in the season. The 11-1 Chiefs, the 6-7 Bills, and the 6-7 Broncos. What are your expectations and goals in these last 3 games? You pretty much need to win out to keep your playoff hopes alive. Can this team win out and continue the journey on an impossible season? Are these 3 rookie starters in pivotal positions up to the challenge?
"The 11-1 chiefs are going to have revenge on their mind, and that's awesome. Who wouldn't want to dish out two losses to your div leader. They have playoffs made and were fighting for survival. That's going to be a great game. Bills and broncos are both dangerous teams. That being said I believe that we will win out and roll them fate dice on if we battle on to the post season. The big three have to be just that. BIG , one thing I've noticed between Carr and West is you don't see them get frustrated. They're addicted to learning NFL football and that's why they're starting every week. Mack is the next big thing no doubt, I watch him and see a future HOF. Theyll have to be big but they don't know how to lose yet, that makes them very dangerous."

Before we go, is there anything else you'd like to say to the fans of Oakland, the media, or the league in general?

We've made our statement to the league and media through our play. But to Raider fans every where: WE ARE (explitive) BACK!!

As you can see the owner lives up to the hype of the Oakland community. Going to be interesting to see how things play out in Oakland in the future. One thing is for sure though, when it comes to Oakland, love em or hate em, one thing we can all agree, is those Raiderettes are mighty fine!

raiderettes_zpsf6af5f5b.jpg