Coach Payton talks

Wolfmode88

Starter
Coach Payton talked to the media for a few minutes before practice this afternoon. He said, he was happy the defense came to play against the 9ers holding them to no points offensively. He wasn't happy with the 4 ints from his QB Jimmy Garoppolo, but said he the future of the team. We will open up the playbook for Jimmy and let him show the NFL what he is made of.

He also said, the RB position will become a 2 back system from now till the playoffs. Yes, you heard him correctly, playoffs. The playoffs are in our future, he said, this year with a top 10 defense and a tweak to the offense the only team that can beat us is us.

We will only focus on the game we have in front of us. That means, the Broncos better bring their A+ game.

kyswag23

Starter
I have a question for Coach Payton! Does this organization really believe Jimmy Garoppplo is the future of the Saints? To me it sounds like a leap and I mean a big leap to say he is your qb of the future! How does Mark Ingram feel about this 2 back system? Is he buying into the whole sharing the rock or is this the organization saying it's time to let someone else take over?

Wolfmode88

Starter
Yes,I believes that Jimmy is the future and Brees is the past. Brees will not be with the team next year. And as far as Ingram, he is out for the next 5 weeks with a broken arm. The RB duties will be CJ Spiller and T. Hightower and both are excited about showing what they can do on the field. When Ingram comes back he will be the number one RB but the other two will also see action.

kyswag23

Starter
Where is the loyalty to the man that lead you to a Superbowl win? To the man, the city of New Orleans loves very much?

Wolfmode88

Starter
We have loyalty, what we don't have is the money. Behind closed doors we have talked to him and he understands. Also, when he decides to hang up his cleats, the team would love him to come back and coach the QBs and maybe one day become the head coach, with my blessings.