Cleveland Browns: Free Agency Report; Draft Preview

5StarTA

Starter
165.jpg

Cleveland Browns Free Agency Report

For A second straight off-season the Cleveland Browns are not rebuilding but simply reloading. A few puzzle pieces away from completing the puzzle Thomas Star has stated multiple times that he has a plan in place for the coming season. Many people have still yet to understand exactly what Star is trying to accomplish, but Star has not backed down from his full proof plan. We are here today to take a look at a few bullets Star has loaded into the gun that is the Browns!

167.png

A big absence from this past season was the running attack. Year one under Thomas Star saw the reemergence of Ray Rice. After a great comeback season Rice just didn't have the success that he did the prior year. At the mid season point he began to play second fiddle to Duke Johnson who still didn't impress enough to remain the starter. The Browns have turned their focus to 25 years old Giovani Bernard. Once a starter has been playing second fiddle to Jeremy Hill the last two seasons and is ready to step out of his shadow. When asked why Cleveland? Bernard responded "Timing. I was looking for a forever home. Thought Cincinnati would be that place but they moved in a different direction. No hard feeling much love for them. I'm excited for what my future and the future of Cleveland as a whole holds."

168.png

Along with Giovani Bernard the Browns are bringing in the Tight End converted to Fullback who has blocked for Giovani the last two seasons in Cincinnati. "Gio and I have become very good friends over the last two seasons and have really developed a chemistry and a bond. Like Gio said the timing was perfect. Two open spots here in Cleveland. We both needed change. Cleveland is that change."

171.png

The Browns with Josh Gordon and Reggie Jackson leading the way had an above average receiving corps last season. They needed to upgrade via the draft or free agency. With not knowing where everyone is going to fall and having the 20th pick in the draft the Browns have made a few moves to get the receivers they desire. Robert Woods at just 25 years of age could be the steal of the free agency. He will quickly transition into a starting role.

170.png

The Browns a season ago with first ballot Hall of Famer Devin Hester leading the way had one of the worst return games in the league. Veteran Dwayne Harris looks to take over the kick returning duties along with getting reps in the slot. "Huge fan of Dwayne Harris. One of the first guys I reached out too. Look for big things from him this coming season." Star said.

Good things come in small packages. That's the case here with Lucky Whitehead. A college standout at FAU as had a difficult time getting his feet under him the NFL. Many dubbed him the next Antonio Brown coming out of College. The Browns still believe he can get there. When asked why Whitehead was signed Thomas Star said "Myself and John Fox came to the conclusion that Whitehead just hasn't be dealt the right hand thus far. We know he has what it takes to pay at this level. We are the canvas to his painter. Time to see his art come to life."

A season ago the Browns struggled with their man to man coverage. One of the best to ever guard you man to man is en route to Cleveland. Keenan Lewis will join a loaded secondary and help them further establish a dominance in the league. Pro Bowl corner Joe Haden was very happy with the addition. "Keenan is someone I've always been a fan of and studied. Looking forward to picking his brain and working with him daily at practice."

Ladies and Gentlemen the time has come. TEBOW TIME here in Cleveland Ohio. The former Heisman trophy, National Championship winning QB has inked a one year deal with Cleveland. "Since day one I have been a fan of Tim. Not just as a player but as a man. He's another one who has been dealt an unfair hand. We are here to give him a fair shot. What does the future hold at the QB position? Who knows. That's up to John Fox... Difficult decision. Tim's winning ways speak volumes though if you ask me..." Star addressing the media this afternoon.

The Cleveland Browns have made quite the splash thus far in the off-season. With the draft happening in the coming hours the Browns will surely fill the rest of their needs and secure the roster they want. Here is a preview of what you can expect from the Browns on draft day.

1) Drafting Joe Thomas's replacement

2) Drafting Karlos Dansby's replacement

3) Adding depth on the defensive line

4) Possible trades?

We here are very excited with the off-season thus far. Thomas Star is proving to have quite the plan to get to the next level. We will have a full in depth preseason report in the coming weeks. Until next time Cleveland!

#TheLand #GoBrowns #WeBarkTogether