Chargers: Charging to the Draft!

Lyric4christ

Starter
Doc attached. I like the format of the doc in pdf format. But I know it's an extra step to read it. So I'll try and duplicate it below.

Charging to the Draft!
by #theChargersFan

Chargers season is finally over. 7-9. No Playoffs – again!.

For those of us that are die hard fans, this is a very sad time of the year. But, we’ve been here before. The new coach, Lyric ForChrist didn’t bring the kind of hopes as the ownership hoped during his first year. But, it is his first year and we can all expect improvements in year 2.

Here are some key stats from this season’s Offense and Defense.

· Pass Yards/Compl/QB Rating:3271 / 260/ 82
upload_2015-10-20_13-44-9.png
· Pass TD/INT:26/23

· Rush Yards/ATT/TD:700/200/8

· Sacks/ INT: 11 / 5
upload_2015-10-20_13-43-17.png
Defense actually performed well. Top 10 in all key stats….except points. Good Job Bolts!
upload_2015-10-20_13-41-1.png
Off Season

Why is Gates holding out, he should have resigned during the season unless he’s retiring and if he is…..watch out. The Chargers need a TE.

As the Bolts prepare for the post season, we expect to look forward to the re-signing of some key players like Antonio Gates, Malcom Floyd and their best linebacker ROLB Melvin Ingram (28 Tkl, 3 Sacks, 2 INT).

The Chargers weren’t horrible in total defensive yards and ranked in the top half of the league. But they were unable to stop good teams from imposing their will.

The Chargers need to protect their Linebackers in the 3-4 Scheme to help against stopping the pass and they need to use more DT to help stop the run.
upload_2015-10-20_13-42-6.png
Draft

The Chargers need improvements in both their DL and Linebackers. Virtually no sacks and they were not a threat to any team.

Similarly, they need to improve their OL as they were unable to stop pressure when needed. The skills positions look good with WR, QB, RB, CB and Safeties. We all know the game is won and lost in the trenches and right now the Chargers are losing the fight in the trenches.

Chargers will probably get a draft pick placement around 11 or 12 and should be able to get a great DL with their 1st round pick.

Attachments

• Sandy Times 2015wk17.pdf
    667.1 KB · Views: 11
  • upload_2015-10-20_13-43-38.png
    upload_2015-10-20_13-43-38.png
    49.8 KB · Views: 19