Chargers/Browns Trade APPROVED

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
First, make sure to include your opponent so we know he agreed to the trade.

Second, this does not follow the draft value chart. A first and third would make more more sense here. Or ky's 1st and 4th for the 1st and 2nd. Also, keep in mind that moving up 5 spots this early guarantees nothing.

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
The chargers are giving up the first in 2018 according to this trade. Which is not guaranteed number 16 so you can't put a value on it at this time. I always see the next draft's picks as lost value until the draft comes. So this year's second and next year's first. Can't see it.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Good catch BigTexas18 Yeah, def not with next year's first. That could could be in the mid-late 20's. I would say a 3rd needs to be added as well to get pick 11, preferably this year's 3rd.

pack1797

Staff member
My issue is this. For the chargers to move up fourteen spots in the first round of the draft, they have to give up a first and a second this year. These two picks are closer in value, and are an assured commodity. Picks in next year's draft have no absolute value, other than we know a second next year is better than a third next year.

With this in mind, we cannot allow any owner to move up this far in this year's draft, without making a sacrifice to do so this year. I'll approve for a first and second from San Diego in this year's draft.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Hold on, I looked at the prospects again and I don't think the 3rd is needed. Its overkill based on where these guys will likely be rated. I'll vote yes on the 1st and 2nd this year to move up 11 spots. Sorry for the confusion.

kyswag23

Starter
Hold on, I looked at the prospects again and I don't think the 3rd is needed. Its overkill based on where these guys will likely be rated. I'll vote yes on the 1st and 2nd this year to move up 11 spots. Sorry for the confusion.

So take my 3rd off?

kyswag23

Starter
Yeah, I'm ok without it. We'll see what everyone else thinks but with this draft, the way were are doing it, three players would be overkill. Its new to us so still working out the kinks lol

Ok, I'll keep it up there for now just to see how these guys vote. If I'm allowed to voice my opinion. I do think the 1st and 2nd is Def a fair deal! But, if need to I'll throw that 3rd in there. Sorry to make it more difficult on you didn't mean to lol

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Ok, I'll keep it up there for now just to see how these guys vote. If I'm allowed to voice my opinion. I do think the 1st and 2nd is Def a fair deal! But, if need to I'll throw that 3rd in there. Sorry to make it more difficult on you didn't mean to lol

Typically it wouldn't be due to the chart. But the chart takes into account busts. With us editing guys kind of like Madden did the 16 draft class, not going to many "busts" so each pick holds a little more value.