Cat Scratch Reader

Jukemwr21

All-Star
header-keep_pounding.jpg

Carolina Panthers 2019 Season Preview

Last season was a dismal one for our team at 4-12. The Bucs crushed the division, going undefeated and left us feeling like we were on the outside looking in. We definitely are. This offseason looked to be more of the same early on. Winds of change started to roll through the Carolinas shortly after the re-signing period. and by the end of free agency this team had a completely new look. This change came from ownership who brought in former Bucs owner Paul Jukem as a partner in the Panthers ownership regime. He got right to work making sure the Panthers held on to Kelvin Benjamin. Then he turned right around, and made a huge splash in free agency signing 15/19 targeted FA's. Melvin Gordon was by far the biggest addition to the Panther's roster, and along side early signee Lamar Miller, and Cam Newton's running ability watch out for this Panther's run game. On the defensive side Jukem brought in P.J. Dawson to help out Luke Kuechly, and Phil Taylor to help Star Lotulelei, Kawan Short, and Charles Johnson anchor down the front 4.

Then came the draft...the Panthers had the 4th pick in every round, and with Jukem once again at the helm came away winners in the night. The 4th overall pick was a WR out of the University of Wisconsin by the name of Cory Austin. This kid has all the skills to be the next coming of Steve Smith Sr.. He's 5'10" and lightning fast, changing direction on a dime. The Panthers 2nd round pick would be TE Shredrick "The Shredder" McFadden. Shredder can come in and learn from Greg Olsen's versatility and expect the two to share snaps at the TE 1&2 slots. The final gem of the draft for the Panthers would come from West Point where some of our best and bravest go to find education while serving in the Army. Andre Henry, a DT at 6'2" 304 lbs, will provide immediate depth but if Phil Taylor doesn't work out expect Henry to come in and unseat Taylor. For now he will be a rotational player.

Can't wait to see what this team does, as I'm sure no one is believing i them at this point. I'm sure just about everyone has the Falcons pegged to win the division. All I know is that this is a different team than it was a year ago.

#KeepPounding
#Dabon'em
#GoPanthers