Cardinals & Indians Trade

Discussion in 'Transactions' started by danwin, Jul 2, 2015.

1. danwin

Starter

Cardinals offer:

Matt Holliday (LF, RF) 35 years old, 78 ovr. A pot. 2 yrs./ 17.1M a year

Dean Anns 2B 28 years old, 67 ovr. C pot. 1 yr./ 510K

Indians offer:

Michael Bourne CF 32 yrs. old, 82 ovr. B pot. 2 yrs./ $12M a year

2. NightHawkTH32

All-Star

I would like to see either a younger prospect at the same rating/potential or a higher rated/potential at that age. Not a bad trade though. I'll vote yes

3. majesty95

Admin

If you were CLE why would you accept this deal? You are getting an older, less skilled and significantly more expensive player for what? A career minor leaguer? Why would CLE make that deal?

4. danwin

Starter

If you want to deny it just deny it, don't need to hear crap for it. Cleveland is looking for LF or RF. Holliday can play either. I'm offering a LF with power. Plus they want a 2B. I'm offering that also.
    If trade committee says no I will go with what they decide. I honestly don't think someone not on trade committee should be posting their opinion on a trade.

#4 danwin, Jul 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  5. majesty95

Admin

You're free to your opinion. But we do trades in public for full transparency. I asked a simple question. Why would CLE want an older player, with less skills for $5M more per season? And is a 67 OVR 2B really filling their need?

Everyone is part of the league and free to politely state a question. I would question why anyone would be opposed to that?

6. danwin

Starter

Your trying to sway the committee because you run this site and you don't like the trade. If your not on trade committee I just feel you should keep quite till at least trade committee makes a decision. its like your trying to sway the jury. Let the jury do their job.

7. woodsmall12

All-Star

I know NightHawkTH32 mentioned possibly a B player and I'll agree with that statement ... Both holiday and Bourn are past their prime and will decline ... I think CLE is taking on more money so they need someone to contribute down the road for that ... C player prolly won't make that much of an impact to justify the 17mil a yr ... Find a B potential and I'll be on board

8. majesty95

Admin

As I mentioned, all I asked for is clarification. I was honestly thinking Mickey Brantley when I first saw it. But a simple explanation of "Bourn is just a speed guy and Holliday has a good bat with some pop and feel that outweighs the $5M in salary" would have been fine.

We do this in public for transparency. Anyone could conceivable post an objection. And anyone in a league on here should be able to handle some polite questions. If we are all committed to a fair and equitable balance it shouldn't be an issue. Personally, I never want anyone to think I'm trying to get over on another user or the CPU and would be happy to justify a reasonable question. I would hope most members would as well.

9. danwin

Starter

And giving Holliday plus a B potential player is way to much for Bourne who is 32 years old.

10. BigTexas18

I'm gonna vote no. I just don't see what's in it for CLE. Getting a digressing player and a guy who probably won't ever play in the majors at age 28