Browns Packers Trade

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
This needs to be posted under trade approvals.

But you also agreed to trade him to the Bucs... I don't think it's fair to him that you agree to trade him and then bail and start looking elsewhere when you should have done that before accepting his offer in the first place...

I'll have to get with pack1797 abd see how he thinks we should handle this. I understand the initial deal was rejected by the committee. But we also can't be used as a bargaining my chip to get others to jump in after you've agreed to trade him.

Jukemwr21

All-Star
It's OK majesty95 this is just business. BigTexas18 was more than informative about his intentions. I told him to take a better offer if mine wasn't the best he could get. Just like the Doug Martin trade, when I myself was looking for a better deal. He can take a better offer and this is clearly that...a better offer. Tex was originally after secondary help, picks were only his second choice. The NFL is cut throat in its handling of trades and it should be no different here. Just my 2 cents.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
It's OK majesty95 this is just business. BigTexas18 was more than informative about his intentions. I told him to take a better offer if mine wasn't the best he could get. Just like the Doug Martin trade, when I myself was looking for a better deal. He can take a better offer and this is clearly that...a better offer. Tex was originally after secondary help, picks were only his second choice. The NFL is cut throat in its handling of trades and it should be no different here. Just my 2 cents.

Well, we're a friendly site and not about guys being cut throat. We wouldn't have 5 pages of rules if that was the case ;)

Jukemwr21

All-Star
You're right! However, nice guys finish last. This is not any different then when I was using tex offer to try to get a better deal for Martin which you told me I could. I even publicly used his offer which he hasn't donewith mine. I see your point, I respect it do as you wish just thought I would cool down the tension by removing myself from being part of the issue.:)

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
You're right! However, nice guys finish last. This is not any different then when I was using tex offer to try to get a better deal for Martin which you told me I could. I even publicly used his offer which he hasn't donewith mine. I see your point, I respect it do as you wish just thought I would cool down the tension by removing myself from being part of the issue.:)

There's not tension. Just let us handle it... You were brand new and we weren't sure you understood true vales. Tex is not new. Also, the trade committee is not designed to be "used" as leverage. You submit a deal to the committee you intend to honor or try to work out fair value for. As I said, Matt and I will discuss and decide the best way to handle this type of thing in the future.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Go ahead and vote. We will change the process but didn't have in place prior to this trade so will not penalize Tex. Also, juke is ok with it so that plays into it as well.

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
DaddyLeagues doesn't reflect schemes or confidence too. Mingo in the prototype scheme is a 90 overall. Instead of an 85

pack1797

Staff member
If I think too much on this one, I'll be over analyzing it I think. The Packers would never trade Dix for an olb when they have the depth they do. But as it stands, I can't vote against the trade on a value basis. I approve.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Daddy Leagues gives the true rating of the player. Schematic OVR is inconsequential bc the other team may not have the same scheme. Confidence may transfer but that can be a pain so DL will be what we use for ease in comparison.

I agree with Matt that GB would not trade Dix for an OLB. I also think Mingo alone is not worth what Dix offers, being that he is 2 years younger, has fast Dev and an extra year on his contract. What is that extra value worth?

For the most part a 5th round pick is not going to be a starter and may not even be a solid contributor. It alone adds little value. However, a 4th rounder, from what we've seen, can very often turn into a productive starter. So the question becomes, is Dix worth Mingo and another young starter. To that I would say no. So, while I still think Dix is more valuable than what he is getting in return, I think a 4th may tilt the trade in the opposite direction and would be unfair to Tex.

So I'll vote yes. Trade is approved and can be processed in game.

APPROVED