Breaking News: Browns Hire Head Coach

5StarTA

Starter
165.jpg

Cleveland hires John Fox in latest coaching search

The Cleveland Browns are no strangers to cleaning house. This off-season so far is familiar territory to Cleveland fans. After back to back 10-6 seasons and a playoff berth Mike Pettine and his staff were axed from Thomas Star's plans. Many were shocked by the move. Pettine seemed to have the franchise on the rise. Can we really blame the frustration from Thomas Star? 9-3 2 game lead atop the Wildcard standings and they dropped 3 of 4 and missed the playoffs. "I told you guys I have a plan in place. I'm really fed up with you all stiring the pot. Mike and I are friends and will continue to be friends. This is a business. I made a business decision. That simple. We've found our guy. We are moving on." -Thomas Star-

160.png

Out Mike Pettine, In John Fox. A highly respected coach in all of American Football, John Fox is very excited for his next coaching campaign. "I don't know how much time I have left. I actually thought about hanging it up, but Thomas Star talked me out of it." Fox told media today. "We had a long lunch and everything he sold to me re lite my passion and love for the game, something I lost in Chicago. I'm excited for the vision he has and I will do everything in my power to bring the vision to life."

"It's an exciting time here in Cleveland. The last few years have given us hope. Has shown us the potential this team has. It's time to take the potential to the next level. Stay tuned Cleveland. We are just getting started."

Mettenberger very vocal with latest coaching move
The only Browns player to NEGATIVELY voice his opinion on the latest coaching move has been one Zach Mettenberger. "Mike Pettine believed in me. He brought me in here to win a championship. There was nothing wrong with HIS vision. Now we have to learn a whole new offense and start over from scratch? I'm old fashioned. If it ain't broke don't fix it. I guess I don't understand Thomas Star's decision."

When asked about Zach's comments Thomas Star responded. "I don't know what is going on in the young mans head. If he wanted to voice his opinion he could have done so privately. All I can say is a meeting will be held with Coach Fox and Mettenberger this week to try and reach a solution. If Mettenberger wants out well, I'm not going to keep a player on the roster who doesn't want to be here."

166.jpg

Yet another off-season with some drama unfolding here in Cleveland. Everyone from fans, to the players, to the organization are passionate about the game of football here in Cleveland. Emotions can boil over sometimes. Can we really see Thomas Star departing with Zach Mettenberger? The man who has the best winning percentage of any Cleveland QB since their reemergence. Anything can happen, it is Cleveland after all.

Thank You Cleveland, Good Night.

#GoBrowns #TheLand #WeBarkTogether