Bengals Season Preview And Trade Block

Hofinator10

Starter
Quarterback:

Rumor has it Andy Dalton’s time in Cincinnati might be numbered. Coach Hof wants a QB that can get the ball down the field and that’s not Dalton’s strength. Word coming out of their front office is he’s on the Trade Block and the Bengals are looking to get younger at this position.

Running Back:

The one-two punch of Jeremy Hill and Giovani Bernard will be one of the best tandem combinations in the league. Early word out of camp is Hill will be the #1 back on the depth chart. However, Bernard is expected to get his hands on the ball at least 10 times a game in a variety of ways. Look for Hill to have at least 15-20 TD’s in the opening season as Coach Hof will definitely lean on him to wear teams down

Wide Receivers:

Whoever will be throwing the ball to this talented bunch of receiver’s will be very happy and should be expected to put up big numbers. Led by the man, the myth, the legend AJ Green who will be flying sky high over opposing secondary’s all game long. Coach Hof emphasizes a high spectacular catch offense which sets his WR’s up to get injured. AJ Green and Sanu have shown they can take shots throughout their entire career. However, we are hearing reports that Marvin Jones is already dealing with some nagging injuries that they hope don’t cause him to miss any time this season. With all the Bengals WR’s running 6’2 or taller, opposing defenses better be able to deal with the height or it could be a long day for them.

Offensive Line:

This is by far the most talented and deepest position on the team. There aren’t many position battles going on and the Bengals seem to be set with their starting lineup. The depth from this position is anchored by two rookies who have already separated themselves amongst the best rookie lineman in madden this year. Cedric Ogbuehi with a 81 Run Block and 85 pass block, along with Jake Fisher and his 87 pass block will look to push the starters for their jobs. Coach Hof however has other ideas. He has already publicly declared that both of them are on the trading block and will headline any perspective deals the team makes this season. Teams in need of offensive tackle help are already in discussion for these players. Look for them to be traded within the first week of the season.

Defensive Line:

While many would consider this to be one of the strengths of the team Coach Hof is looking to upgrade his Defensive Tackle position. He was quoted as saying ‘We have to get stronger on the inside if we want to stop the run in this league’ Look for the Bengals to target an upgrade at DT via trade or Free Agency.

Linebackers:

The Bengals are set at the Linebacker position and don’t expect to make any moves for years. This group is fast as they have nine guys with 80+ speed and two guys with 87 & 88 speed respectively. Look for the Bengals to rotate at least 6 LBers in and out every game so this group will be fresh all game long.

Defensive Backs:

The Bengal’s have two great Safety’s in Reggie Nelson and George Iloka. They could use a little more depth at this position and will look to upgrade this in Free Agency or as an add on to a trade. The cornerback position is one that the Bengals desperately are looking to upgrade at. Coach Hof loves playing man defense and this group of cornerbacks simply can’t get that done. We have already had several reports around the league that the Bengals are actively trying to upgrade this position through trade.

Hofinator10

Starter
As far as trades you can contact me about anyone not named Jeremy Hill or AJ Green.

Trade Block:

Cedric Ogbuehi - Rookie LT 73 overall - 81 RBK 85 PBK
Jake Fisher - Rookie RT 72 overall - 75 RBK 87 PBK

The above two guys I am actively shopping. However, they are pretty studly rookie players so I am looking for decent pieces back. If you've played the game you know that sacks happen way to often so pass blocking O-lineman are going to be critical to this game. Even if you don't get sacked your QB feels the pressure and makes bad throws.

Andy Dalton - The Greatest Ginger of All Time - 80 overall - 76 Speed 84 Acc - 86 THP 87/79/68 Accuracies

Linebackers - I'm crazy deep at this position so i'd be willing to trade away from of my vet's at any of the LB positions. Don't even try to pry my young guys away though

Those are guys on the trade block but again i'd be open to discussions for more people on my team in the right situation.

Last edited:
Hey since the season is getting closer I'm curious as to what the status for Gio Bernard is, are you attached to him or open for offers

Hofinator10

Starter
After playing the game i'll probably be changing my avatar and starting Gio...so no he won't be going anywhere.