12 Marlins - Red Sox Trade - APPROVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunkydory

Staff member
The Marlins have agreed to send SPs Anthony Castro, Deryk Hooker, and Kevin Brandt, as well as SS Orlando Arcia and RP James Brandhorst to the Red Sox in return for SP Dexter Carter, and RPs Brian Matusz and Ivan Nova. The Marlins are looking to rebuild their rotation with some of these pitchers as well as add more depth to their Bullpen and the Red Sox are receiving multiple young Pitchers as well as a potential starting SS who could play in the Majors now. SP Castro is 18 with 3 and 1/2 stars potential and killing it at every level so far. SP Hooker has shown success in the Majors before but has struggled this season. SP Brandt is 23 but could be a 5th starter in a MLB rotation. SS Arcia is only 18 with great speed and fielding at 2B and SS. He had stolen 10 bases already this season in the Majors before being sent down to AAA after a player came back from injury. RP Brandhorst is ready to play in the Majors again after a very successful stint in AAA where his ERA was below 0.50 in 19 games. On the Red Sox side, SP Carter has had a good season so far in the Majors but is 3-11 with a 3.80 ERA. His lack of run support would be bolstered by our starting lineup. RP Matusz and Nova could be potential starters for us this season or bullpen guys. RP Matusz is 26 and is having his first great season in the Majors so far with an ERA of 3.44 in 25 games. Nova has struggled in the bullpen with a high ERA of 5.57 in 37 games. A change of scenery of putting him in the starting rotation might turn things around for him. Barely any money will be touched by both teams.Trade Agreed.jpgCastro - ME.jpg
Hooker - ME.jpgBrandt - ME.jpgArcia - ME.jpgJames - ME.jpgCarter - THEM.jpgMatusz - THEM.jpg
Nova - THEM.jpg

hunkydory

Staff member
For some reason it didn't show up, but Castro has a 0.00 ERA so far in high A ball this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.