What Are You Hoping for from NBA 2k16?

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
The folks at 2k haven't released much about about NBA 2k16 yet. But what are you guys expecting/hoping for from 2k this year? What do they need to improve on? What's been missing that needs to be added?

NBA 2k16.png

I, for one, am excited about the possibility of actual college teams in the game. It will be interesting to see how 2k uses them. But if they add a tournament at the end of the year or even the 2k Invitational, that will add a lot of value for guys.

I'm not a huge hoops guy otherwise and haven't played the game a ton so can't give a long list of things I'm hoping are improved. I know NightHawkTH32 and sifukeatis are big NBA guys. Maybe they have some hopes for 2k16? What about the rest of you?

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
The leaked trophy list looks at this game being epic summer league, 3 way trades, spike lee inspired story in my player, picking where you will play college ball. Plus 2k said 2 words would change gameplay but didn't say what yet

CJTHA1

Starter
I'm very interested in how MyTeam is going to work this year. I was into it 2 years but this yr not so much because it got outta hand with every other person putting Lebron at PG. from what I've heard so far I might actually get into my career this year, who knows

sifukeatis

Starter
I think they need to improve online career mode. I also believe that the pick and roll offense should be improved it was not as potent as I believe it should be!.

pack1797

Staff member
Darryl "Chocolate Thunder" Dawkins

etick_dawkins06_412.jpg

danwin

Starter
Haven't played this much. Meaning I borrowed it for a few days from a friend to see what it was about. I'm a total newby to this game. How is this game going to compare to NBA Live? Which do you think will be better? I love EA's ultimate team mode in both FIFA and Madden, so I know I would probably like it in NBA Live. Question is does other aspects make NBA 2K the choice over NBA Live.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I think they will gain some ground this year. Not sure it will be in the same level, but it will be closer and NUT or whatever they call it will likely bring some people over bc MyTeam is just, well, not as good...

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
The only cool thing I've seen from live this year is where you face scan yourself using your phone. Buy 2k still has major things to announce and expand upon come the month of August

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I'm looking forward to how they integrate the college teams. Might be cool to play as one in the championship tourney or something.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
My theory on the college In 2k is you will get to play like the final 4 or elite 8 since like 11 teams have been unofficial confirmed in some way. But with the Vic guy who seems like he is gonna get the my player in trouble I could see some kind of suspension happening during regular season

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
If you look at the leaked trophy guide on 2k there is a guy names Vic who appears to be some kind of mentor that does you dirty. Below are some of the trophy reward descriptions

Listen to your owners advice of Vic
Settle the desention in your inner circle on $
Admit to the uncomfortable truths in your life
Learn more about Vic's true agenda
Listen to your owners ultimatum on Vic
Listen to the phone call that changes it All
Get to know the Vic u didn't know

danwin

Starter
If you look at the leaked trophy guide on 2k there is a guy names Vic who appears to be some kind of mentor that does you dirty. Below are some of the trophy reward descriptions

Listen to your owners advice of Vic
Settle the desention in your inner circle on $
Admit to the uncomfortable truths in your life
Learn more about Vic's true agenda
Listen to your owners ultimatum on Vic
Listen to the phone call that changes it All
Get to know the Vic u didn't know
Uh? Seems like the NCAA wouldn't license these teams if 2K was going to make a player mode where there is a corrupt guy mentoring you. Seems like it just would make college basketball look bad. Am I missing something here?

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I'm guessing that happens after. Like you play the tourney, this guy represents you, you get drafted and then things deteriorate. Just my thoughts.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Another one of the trophies is "declare your intentions to declare for the nba draft" so this leads you to believe that however college is in the game that you can play more then 1 season of it. Also remember Spike Lee is directing the my player story.

nba.png
nba-2.jpg
nba-3.jpg
nba-4.jpg
nba-5.jpg
nba-6.jpg
nba-7.jpg
nba-8.jpg
nba-9.jpg
nba-10.jpg