What are you doing in Madden til CFMs start up

mycaddy

Starter
I heard a rumor that they are introducing a whole new game engine for madden 17

Actually this may be true... Live does have a whole new engine and EA does typically use the same engine for all their sports games so that might be more than a rumor

w4mvp

Prospect
I'm playing an offline cfm. I've tried dc and mut but didn't enjoy it much. I may get into it at some point.

mycaddy

Starter
AAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

AAAAAAABOOOORRRRRRREEDDD

THA HYPE TRAIN!!!!!!

Of course many things are hype but a new engine is a new engine if you see the trailors and played live 15 it is obvious... the face capture is cool too although it is hype it will have ppl wanting to do it and when 2k tried last year doing that they failed miserably to the point most ppl were thinking why did they even try... There is a difference between fluff hype and real hype... I do think the face capture and being able to capture your shows into the game and your tattoos if fluff because it has nothing to do with game play and although it would be nice to have someone that looks like me in the game when I am actually playing that will mean absolutely nothing... But the new engine that will have major advantages over 2k looks promising... I was thinking that there was absolutely no way I would buy live this year I was all in for 2k but fortunately I have ea access and will be playing live 5 days before the release which is 2 weeks before 2ks release to see for myself

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I think the engines usually last around 5 years (off the top of my head). It could be possible that a new one is in the works. I think this one debuted with 13 or 25. So its 3-4 years in. Could be a huge plus if so. But this one wasn't perfect when they released it so its no guarantee of anything.

mycaddy

Starter
I think the engines usually last around 5 years (off the top of my head). It could be possible that a new one is in the works. I think this one debuted with 13 or 25. So its 3-4 years in. Could be a huge plus if so. But this one wasn't perfect when they released it so its no guarantee of anything.

Yea definately do not expect it to be perfect... ALthough it may fix some issues with this engine you may get all new issues... I want it to go in the right direction....

Glen Cieske

All-Star
Yeah I'm giving live a shot this year.

Probably will get both, with the additions to franchise on 2k as well as the adjustment in ratings that all players recieved, I'm excited to play it.