Detroit Lions - woodsmall12
San Francisco 49ers - dukies2011

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
WEEK 9 MATCHUP
Vikings_zps6b2aab08.jpg
VS
Cowboys_zps1fc7cb6f.jpg

Another heart wrenching game this week in the NFL as Minnesota goes south to face the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas just coming off a thrilling come from behind, OT win in Detroit has the challenge of facing this Peterson led Vikings team. The Vikings record coming into this game was 5-2, while Dallas's record was 6-2. Vikings would win the toss and elect to defer, making the Cowboys start on offense, and the Boys put the pressure on early. They drive all the way down the field, and cap off a TD by a 1 yard run from newly acquired FB Craig Stevens, who is only filling in while Vonta Leach is hurt. Leach should be back any game now, and Murray can't wait. Without Leach it seems Murray has had a hard time getting anything goin, especially in this game when he ends his day with 15 carries 42 yards, and 1 TD. Vikings would rally back strong after the TD striking down the field, and eventually scoring on an Adrian Peterson run. The Cowboys could not stop this guy today. He zipped, juked, and spun his way to 142 yards on 16 carries and 3 TD! Romo on his 2nd possession of the game, continues to deliver strikes in the passing game, he was 8 for his first 10, and on this second possession, Rookie WR Terrence Williams out of Baylor runs a streak, DB blows coverage and Romo finds him in the endzone for a 38 yard TD Pass. On the ensuing drive, Dallas would hold Minnesota to a FG, and the team was buzzing after that. They felt that was a small win, holding them to a FG with halftime approaching and a chance to extend their lead. When Romo takes the field for the third time, he forces a throw that isn't there and would throw an INT to LB Chad Greenway. Not sure if he didn't see him, or he threw one of those ever famous Romo throws into opponents hands, but nevertheless, The Vikings are in control now down 14-10 with the clock ticking down. Mallet tries to throw an out route to his WR, and it is picked off by Orlando Scandrick who had alot of room to run in front of him, but would eventually be caught and Dan Bailey would miss a 54 yard field goal off the crossbar. Last week in Detroit, Bailey missed a 58 yard FG off the crossbar. Vikings once again in control, this time would go down the field, and score before halftime on a TD pass from Mallett to the TE Kyle Rudolph. 37 seconds remain in the half, and when Minnesota kicks the ball off, Dwayne Harris takes it coast to coast for 104 yards for a TD, as he crosses the goalline, the refs make the call, clipping penalty on Dallas. At halftime the score would be 17-14 Vikings, with the Vikings receiving the ball at halftime. Vikings take the 2nd half kick, and roll down the field again on this Dallas defense and take a 24-14 lead in the third. Again Dallas, playing from behind, bowed up showed some composure, and got down the field for a score, when Murray finally finds some space to get into the endzone on a 12 yard run. 24-21. Not much else would happen in the third, except that SS Brandon Meriweather would get his 2nd pick in 2 games. Dallas is sure glad they traded for him. In the 4th is where it comes down. Dallas would get into the redzone for the 3rd time, and find Dez Bryant on a short stop pass. Dez Bryant made that catch, Romo just threw it up there and Bryant out jumped his defender, and came down with the ball. Dallas would lead for the first time since early in the 2nd quarter. 28-21. Minnesota would not stand for this. They easily muster yards down the field, and Adrian Peterson finds his way into the endzone for the third time today. Score with 2 minutes left is Minnesota 31 Dallas 28. Dwayne Harris, who was upset about the called back KR earlier, finds some space on the left side and takes it 105 yards for a TD putting Dallas back ahead 35-31. Those 3 scores all came within 4 minutes, and it was the most intense part of the game. It's up to Mallett and the Vikings to score a TD and seal the deal. They start their drive with 3 timeouts, after a 40 yard kick return. They quickly get down into the redzone again (without burning any timeouts) and are faced with a 4th and goal, needing a touchdown to win. Mallett throws it to Peterson right up the middle, and Peterson dropped the pass in the endzone. A heartbreaking moment for everyone. with 50 seconds left, Dallas comes out and Romo KNEELS THE BALL, while the defense has 3 timeouts. They use their first. You could tell Romo felt dumb after that one, not noticing they still had all timeouts. With that wasted down, the Cowboys would have to punt the ball back with about 12 seconds remaining. They get a strong 25 yard punt return. With 6 seconds left, Mallett throws one towards the endzone, and it is not caught. Dallas would hold on to win 35-31, continuing on with a 2 game win streak.

Dallas improves to 7-2 on the year, putting pressure on the Eagles to beat Oakland this week to still have a share in the NFC East, and having one of their most successful starts in a LONG time. Dallas is buzzing after this win. Minnesota would drop 5-3 and now needs some help around the league, hoping the Lions lose a couple of games while they try to go on a win streak. Dallas heads east next week, as they go into New Orleans to face a 4-3 Saints team as the primetime game, and Minnesota returns home to face a 2-5 Redskins team.

Player of the Game
Dwayne Harris
DwayneHarris_zps60a69f32.jpg

6 KR 220 Yards 1 TD (105 Yards)

Wow, how'd I completely miss the advance? -_-

There's a way to set it up ingame to have a text sent when the advance happens, right? Or can whoever does it here send me a text?

Yeah, definitely. Also, if I'm the last to advance, text me also. I don't get on my computer often enough, so it's easy to forget if I haven't been on the forum in a while

Damn, I had the ball at the Raiders 28, tied at 17 with the clock running down to 0:01, but it tried to show a replay and wouldn't let me call a timeout, so it's going to OT. Gonna be really annoyed if I lose

These guys are tough

Wow, as soon as the kickoff comes up it makes me use that timeout -_-

It was a good game though. Don't know if it was the difficulty setting or just an off game, but Vick was either overthrowing on half his passes or my receivers were just dropping them. Also, had like 3 fumbles in the first half - but those were my fault for running headlong into defenders with Vick, who was killing them anytime he kept the ball on option plays, but each time he had a big gain he ended up fumbling the ball :(

dukies2011

Contributor
It was a good game though. Don't know if it was the difficulty setting or just an off game, but Vick was either overthrowing on half his passes or my receivers were just dropping them. Also, had like 3 fumbles in the first half - but those were my fault for running headlong into defenders with Vick, who was killing them anytime he kept the ball on option plays, but each time he had a big gain he ended up fumbling the ball :(
That's the EA SPORTS way