Week 13 Game Of The Week

pack1797

Staff member
upload_2014-10-12_10-12-31.png

Game Of the Week: Panthers vs. Vikings
This week's game of the week may come as a shock to some of you. Both teams have losing records. Have you looked at the league standings? .500 is about par at this point. You have parity, then you have this league. Sure, a few teams have had outstanding seasons, but when the playoffs roll around, expect at least 2 teams to be close to .500 and still get in. It's that competitive. The Panthers have been up and down all year, but are still in contention for the second wild card spot in the NFC. The Vikings, who started 0-5, have fought their way back into the playoff picture behind rookie quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, and are in the running for the same spot, and could possibly still win their division. This game is huge for both teams, so we decided to ask both coaches a few questions about the upcoming game.

VIKINGS
1. Your team started off 0-5, and after trading your hall of fame running back looked to be in complete rebuilding mode. Now you're one game back in the NFC north, and in a close race for the second wild card spot. What do you feel has changed since the beginning of the season?

Attitude mostly. I think we thought we were a one dimensional team with Adrian; that the offense lived and died by him. Since he's been gone, we've found out that Cordarrelle can carry us. Teddy can carry us. We've had some very nice performances by our young backs. We are much more diverse now offensively and opponents have a much tougher time trying to figure out what we're going to do. We also acquired a couple of key pieces for our defense in that trade. Reshad Jones and Jelani Jenkins have been a huge part of our success since they arrived.

2. Rate your rookie quarterback, Teddy Bridgewater, in his first few games under center.

Teddy's been really good so far. Obviously, he's a rookie and is still learning, so there have been some mistakes. But overall I'm happy with what I've seen so far. We're 4-5 with him as a starter and 4-3 over his last 7 games. I think that says all you need to know about where we are as a team with Teddy under center.

3. You've stockpiled draft picks through trades, if your team has continued success in the last few games of the year do you think you need to rebuild or add to the player base you have?

I think in this league you have to be constantly evolving. I guess you could say that we were in "rebuilding mode" when we dealt Adrian but really we just needed to shake things up. I hate complacency. Guys were too comfortable losing. That attitude has changed. We will do what we think is best for this team. If you are not helping to move us in that direction then you could find yourself on the sideline or on a different team

4. How much did Adrian Peterson's off the field conduct affect your decision to trade him?

I would be lying if I said that it didn't play a role. You never want to move the face of your franchise. We would have liked to see Adrian retire as a Viking. But when the team isn't winning and you have those issues that are taking away from the focus on the field, sometimes you have to make tough decisions. We felt that is was the right thing to do at that time and I think the results have proven that so far.

5. The Panthers bring a dual threat quarterback in Cam Newton. How do you plan to account for him in your match up this week?

The same way we approach every team: play sound, fundamental defense. Will we do a few things differently here and there, probably. But the best laid plans mean nothing without execution. If we play sound positional football and and stay balanced, don't get too aggressive or too cute, we are a tough defense for any team to play.

Thank you for the opportunity to speak with you and for taking the time to highlight our young team. Go Vikings!

Panthers

1. How do you feel about your season so far?

So far as the coach of the Carolina Panthers i have to say that we have not lived up to our fans expectations they expect us to win and to win often.

2. Cam Newton has put together a solid year so far, but his interceptions are high. How much does this concern you?

It concerns me a lot that is one of the reasons our defense has looked so horrible if cam can cut Down on the interceptions we have a chance to finish the season strong.In Cam we trust.!

3. There's a real log jam of teams around .500 in the NFC, including yours. How does your team seperate itself from the rest?

We never stop believing in ourselves we believe if we continue to play hard good things will come.

4. The Vikings are bringing in their Rookie QB Teddy Bridgewater who has had an up and down start to his NFL career. Can you use this to your advantage?

Let's just say our defense is licking their chops we cannot wait to welcome him to the NFL!

5. What is the one thing that the Panthers need to do in order to make the playoffs?

limit turnovers play hard and one game at a time!

Both teams understand what needs to happen for their club to make the playoffs, and this game will go a long way in determining that. Thanks to everyone who's reading, and we'll see you next week at px1sports.com home of the best leagues on the planet.

Last edited by a moderator:

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
The Panthers licked their chops and allowed Teddy to throw 4 TD passes :)

Good job once again pack!