**VOTE** All-Pro or All-Madden | Season 2 and Beyond

Should we stick to All-Madden or go back to All-Pro?

• All-Pro

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • All-Madden

Votes: 10 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Ok guys, we've almost got through one season in each of our leagues on All-Madden. How do you guys feel about it now? What do you think moving forward? Do you guys want to stick with All-Madden or do you think going back to All-Pro would be better?

Please vote in the poll even if you do not post a response. The poll results will be private so feel free to vote whichever way you truly feel.

dspbuckle, Luis3250, BigTexas18, pack1797, Paytonno1son, Tigers20, blahblahyea7, Burns, JerseyBorn, NightHawkTH32, Danperez, woodsmall12, kutsch47, Duv49ers, Shadez, CJTHA1, tehbest13, JohnnyPersia, aarms32, kyswag23, wayers50, CMagoon89, alexthagreat84

Last edited:

alexthagreat84

Contributor
Not sure how to vote on this one, I would like them to improve on the catching. I'm going to take a day and think about it.

kyswag23

Starter
I vote all madden. Last experience with cpu being on all pro was boring and easy to cheese them. (Not saying I cheesed) but, other guys in previous leagues would have 400 or more passing yards 200 or more rushing yards a gm 8 passinh tds in one game. It was just too easy! Cpu as it is now is capable of being beat like you stated before. Just have to be on your game more than normal.

woodsmall12

All-Star
I've actually changed my initial vote at the start of the season from All Madden to All Pro now with sliders adjusted for even more difficulty

I've played the CPU prolly 8 to 9 times this year and some of the things I have experienced on All Madden is what concerns me ... lately I have played teams in which the starting QB was out so I played Orlovsky w Lions and Tolzien w Colts ... both QBs played out of their minds and came away looking like all stars ... these same QBs performed similarly vs other user games that I have also watched ... regardless, these 69 ovr QBs should not be replacing the Matt Stafford's and Andrew Luck's of the world with little to no drop off ... I like the competitiveness of All Madden but examples like this are unrealistic ... I've had back up RBs run all over me in games like Turbin w the Colts just did and it's been a pattern in all of my games and I have a damn good front 7 (watt, wilfork, cantey, Clowney, mericilus, Cushing, McKinney) however I consistently give up huge rushing yards every game while my guys can barely get 20 or 30 yds a game ... and this isn't one or two games for me ... it's consistently this way vs CPU

I think the other issue is that CPU teams will continue to dominate user teams thus making it easier for a user to say "eh, I'll go on auto" bcz they might have better chance of winning or more importantly, the CPU will end up in playoffs or super bowl ultimately taken a user team's spot ... this could do more harm in the long run bcz guys could get frustrated and leave px1

kyswag23

Starter
I get what woodsmall12 is saying and I can't argue that it hasn't happened to me with starters. The thing is though if we dumb down the competitive nature of the game then in all reality it will just become boring if you have quite a few cpu teams! I'm afraid if we go all pro then the cheese factor will emerge and making it unrealistic as well. The thing is yea I've been clobbered by the cpu and I wasn't playing my best either. I've also gave them great games as well as beat them and didn't have problems! Lets face it all players aren't going to be able to compete with cpu trams we know that! But, do we drop down to all pro so they can compete with them and take away the competition for users who enjoy the challenge when playing cpu teams? All in all the goal is to not have cpu teams but, unfortunately that's hard to do. You make great points. But I still vote all madden.

Burns

Hall of Famer
I voted for All-Madden. It's been a challenge against the CPU, and all the games I've played have been competitive. I like that I have to go into a game focused or I'll end up on the wrong side of the scoreboard. I just think that All Pro, even with sliders, might not be much of a challenge against the CPU.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Well, we also have to balance what's in the best interest of the league as well. If we go to all pro, we'all adjust sliders so hopefully all games aren't too easy. Honestly, playing by our rules and not exploiting plays that work too well should prevent them from being too easy by its nature. It also gives guys that are struggling vs CPU a chance when they have to play them. We have to keep in mind that having more challenging games for some users vs games that are extremely frustrating for others could lead to attrition as well.

Woodsmall also makes a good point about users going on auto. Right now guys probably feel like they have a 60% chance or better to win if they go on auto. If users are winning 80% of their CPU games (which is about where we were at last year) then the idea of going on auto is far less appealing and may make some guys try a little harder to get their games in.

In theory, either mode can be adjusted to be easy or difficult with sliders. All Madden just does this through ratings boosts whereas All Pro is the "default" mode the game is programmed and turned for. We think AP will give us more balanced games if we can find the right sliders without all the super hero games we see on AM. We have to test it of course, but that's the general thinking.

I think most of us will agree that our AP sliders at the end of last year were really good. We should be able to do that again, hopefully, if we move back.

dspbuckle

All-Star
ideally there are no CPU teams, but we all know that isn't a reality. I'm in for the better User VS user expirience. Does anyone have insight on what that may be?

PS - I'll hate CPU matches no matter what. Right now playing CPU on All Madden feels like playing F-zero: Not even 1 punt allowed or you lose. For all I know All-Pro isn't any different.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I've had several very good user vs user games on AM in our leagues. However, running can be extremely difficult vs some users. Not sure if it will be better on AP but one would think the Windows would be slightly bigger for hitting holes.

blahblahyea7

Starter
All madden has been great besides some strange cpu cheese, I believe if we had a league with 32 users all madden would be perfect.. All pro?? Idk I got use to the faster kick bar already

Danperez

Starter
I like All-Madden, I like the challenge, I think it has made me improve my game play. I think it's frustrating at times, but I'm making those stupid plays and I try to learn from them.

Duv49ers

Starter
Agree on the running game issue. I played 1 game vs user where I couldn't even gain a yard. Felt like running into a brick wall. I really felt frustrated why that was happening. Perhaps AP with sliders will Balance everything out. But I do kinda prefer All Madden. Need more time to think....

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
I voted for all pro. I'm still really in the air about it, but had to make a decision and went with all pro. I've seen a lot of wonky shit this year, but I'm not sure it's the difficulty setting. Some of it is I know for sure. I'm sure all of us are tired of the CPU HB's breaking 6 tackles for 80 yard runs in crucial moments of the game. If all pro is the fix for plays like that I am ALL FOR IT. I definitely want it to still be challenging. That's the one thing I have kind of enjoyed about the new difficulty is games are tougher, I'm just tired of the BS. Now I'll continue to deal with it and try to figure out how to contain it if needed. I'm still having fun regardless. I just wish we could find a fix for the dumb stuff lol. If AP is the way to go, sliders will definitely need to be adjusted to keep it competitive.

Paytonno1son

Hall of Famer
I was going to vote Madden until my last game.
Both teams lose starting QB 1st qtr. CPU Foles goes 16-19, 249, 2TD, 0INT. Conner Cook goes 9-26, 115, 0TDs, 3INT. Combined with a blocked punt, holding penalties on big offensive plays, defensive hold on a big sack and fumble, just felt like I never had a chance.

I'm the least concerned with User games. We play the PX1 way, and that typically polices itself. We won't see 800 yards passing, etc.

Last edited:

Paytonno1son

Hall of Famer
I like that everyone wants to keep CPU games challenging. Same here. It should be tough to face Brady. It shouldn't be tough to face Jamarcus Russell.

JerseyBorn

All-Star
I also changed my vote to All-Pro. I haven't had much of an issue with the CPU this year and my games were always competitive. That was up until my last game. Basically dominated the Saints in the first 3 quarters and when the 4th came around it was like some kind of out of this world spirit took control of them and it felt like I couldn't do anything to stop it. I do agree that the CPU should be challenging though so sliders to keep it competitive would be a big thing for me.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
We will definitely get to work on finding solid sliders to start with. We'all adjust as needed through the season. Might be a little too easy early on but would prefer that to everyone losing the majority of their CPU games. The biggest hugs is that hopefully when the CPU decides to play it doesn't feel as cheap and phony.