VIP | State of the Union | S2

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Would this needed to be added to the official rules ?

There's a lot if things that should be added. But we've got them in three places and for two diff leagues. We've also covered it all in PMs and threads like this. Ultimately, it falls on guys to read what we send them and tag them in and understand the idea of sim we practice here. Honestly, we hate having to make a rule for every little thing. The onus has to fall on the user at some point to realize when some things are a little too easy or too repetitive and not exploit it.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
And, FWIW, you guys probably only have a few pages of PMs and can easily scroll through them and refresh everything we've sent out. Again, it's up to you guys to want to play by the rules. Don't depend on me and pack1797 and your opponents to police you. The policing part of this is what wears on us and makes it less fun. Just need guys that want to learn the rules and follow them as closely as possible. That mindset goes a lot further than having guys and rules to police everything.

x0xHumblex0x

Contributor
I know we've covered this in PMs but I want to remind everyone of it:

Do not exploit the d-line on defense - Generally you should try and play about half the game as a LB or S (or CB if you're so inclined). More is fine. However, the d-line mechanic is still a little too easy to exploit, so we shouldn't abuse it. When you do play as a defensive lineman, you should mix up who you use. Don't just play as your same DE or DT or whatever. Again, the more diverse you are, the less likely you are exploiting anything.

just to re-iterate;
shouldnt be controlling a DL %90-%100 of the game........no matter who you are playing or even the CPU

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
*UPDATE*

Hey everybody,

Just want to reach out and let everyone know what's happening. I'm sure Mike will put out an announcement, but he has had to step away. He wants to focus on his career. We first want to thank him for everything he has done and paving the way and giving us the platform to play on. Pack also has to step away. He may or may not show up to play, we don't know, but he has some stuff going on, and we wish him the best with himself and his family. Let me first let you know:

We are NOT done.
We've all put a lot of time and effort into this, and we are going to keep going. We are also going to keep the same standards of sim that Mike and us has built here and tried to maintain. First of all if you have any questions or concerns regarding the site, gameplay, or anything involving PX1, please direct them towards me, Glen Cieske, Spayer419, georgiafan, or Tigers20. We will still abide by the same rules and guidelines involving submitting game results and using the rankings.

Trade committee will now consist of: Tigers20, georgiafan, NightHawkTH32, Jbek, Jukemwr21
All of these people must be tagged in a trade proposal thread. All trade rules can be found here.

We will still follow the same advance schedule of Tuesday's and Thursday's at 11PM CST. Sunday's will advance at 11AM on Sunday. These advance times are CST. georgiafan will advance on Tuesday/Thursday's and Spayer419 will advance on Sunday's. I will back these guys up with advances if anything comes up.

We are still using the ranking system and using sim play guidelines. It is up to the winner of the game to submit results within 24 hours of the game ending, then the other user has 24 hours to approve or dispute results. The rules of the ranking system can be found here. Here is also a quick overview of these rules.

PLAYER RANKINGS
All Madden league game results on PX1 Sports will be entered on the PX1 Player Rankings. When the game is complete, the winning team should go to the Rankings page on the forum and click “Submit Game Result”. Then enter the system the game was played on, your opponent’s forum username, the game played (Madden NFL 16), game result (you won, lost or the game disconnected), your score, your opponent’s score and your rating of your opponent’s gameplay.

Rating Guidelines

Game exploits are defined as any play, movement or tactic used to exploit the game’s programming or AI, whether intentional or unintentional. This includes but is not limited to money plays, abuse of certain pass routes, manually moving player’s to create blocking glitches, abusing penalty logic, making unnatural movements with your players, excessive scrambling, etc.

Here are the guidelines members should use when rating their opponent’s gameplay:
  • 5 stars – Opponent played great sim football and adhered to all rules and guidelines. One or two minor infractions could be allowed.
  • 4 stars – Opponent played mostly a sim football game. Minor infractions may have been made. Possibly one known cheat or exploit used, most likely unintentionally.
  • 3 stars – Opponent played sim football principles but made minor infractions and used a few game exploits. A three-star rating generally indicates a player who wants to play sim but may have some bad habits or may be unknowingly using game exploits.
  • 2 stars – Opponent made some attempt to play sim football but was heavily reliant on game exploits and broke several rules or guidelines.
  • 1 star – Opponent does not have an understanding of sim principles. Mostly game exploits were used and many rules or guidelines were broken.
Suspension/Probation

Any member who receives two (2) ratings of 3-stars or less from two different opponents will be placed on probation. Any further ratings of 3-stars or less (from new or repeat opponents) will be subject to league review. If a player who is on suspension receives a rating of 3-stars or less, league leadership will review the game and make a determination as to whether they feel the 3-star rating was justified. If league leadership determines that the rating was unjust (meaning they feel the member’s play was a 4-star level or better) that user will stay on probation. If league leadership determines that the 3-star or less rating was justified then the offending player is subject to one of the following actions:​
  • User is removed from the league but allowed to play in other non-premium leagues (including Madden).
  • User is removed from the league and prohibited from playing in any other Madden leagues or premium tier leagues.
  • User is removed from the league and banned from all PX1 Sports leagues.
League leadership will take into account an owner’s history, willingness to learn and adapt to sim principles and contribution to the PX1 Sports community when deciding which sanctions to impose. However, three verified ratings of 3-stars or less is automatic removal from the league, regardless of stature within the community.
Any game where a user is rated less than a 5, a PM must be sent to that user explaining exactly why there was a rating less than a 5. The PM must also consist of BigTexas18 Glen Cieske Spayer419

Tigers20 will be head of the scheduling thread, and I will back him up when needed. All rules still apply for scheduling games. If you need a refresher here you are:
SCHEDULING
Each week, we will post a scheduling thread for that week's games in the league's Scheduling sub-forum. We will tag each member so that it will alert you to the scheduling thread being posted. We will also assign a user from each game who will be responsible for streaming the game and sending the game invite. (NOTE: Each member must post in the scheduling thread within the first 12 hours after advance or be subject to being put on auto and having your opponent play the CPU.)

While we prefer that you use the scheduling thread to schedule your games, you may also use text (if your opponent requests), PM, PSN and Group Me to schedule your games as well. Keep in mind, however, that proof will need to be provided if a scheduling dispute arises. Posting in the scheduling thread is the easiest way to avoid those disputes.

How to Schedule

Please give as much information as possible about your availability when posting in the scheduling thread. Simply posting "when can you play?" does not help your opponent nor does it help get the game scheduled quickly.

Example:
Hey woodsmall12 I can play FRI after 7 PM CST, SAT and SUN any time after 3 PM CST.
If your opponent has already posted this info for you when you sign on, select a time from their availability and schedule the game. For example, using the availability above, you may be able to play FRI night at 10 PM CST.

Reply to your opponents post and say something like
"hey, I can play FRI at 10 PM CST. Does that still work for you? If not, I am also available from 10 AM to 2 PM CST on SAT and all day SUN. Let me know what works best."
Your opponent should then confirm the time you proposed or pick a new time from your listed availability. Follow this process until you can agree on a time to play.

Scheduling Disputes

Each member should check the forum regularly and be diligent in trying to schedule their games. If both members have been trying to schedule their game but have not been able to agree on a time, the game will simply be simmed. This happens from time to time and users should be accommodating to the league when this happens. In the event that one user has been making an effort to schedule and their opponent has not been, the opponent may be put on auto so that the active user can play the CPU. League leadership will use their discretion in putting players on auto and do what they feel is most fair. To prevent potentially being placed on auto, make sure you are making every attempt to schedule your games.

Confirming Games

Once you and your opponent have agreed on a time to play your game, one person must post the teams involved, the time and date of the game being played and the Twitch channel that it will be broadcast on in the weekly scheduling thread. This is so that we know the game has been scheduled and so that other league members know when it is being played in case they would like to watch the game.

Here is an example of how to post your game when it has been scheduled:

Minnesota Vikings - majesty95 vs Denver Broncos - woodsmall12
Saturday, Sep. 6 at 9 PM CST
twitch.tv/majesty95
I will monitor stats and make sure everything still falls within the guidelines and rules of PX1Sports, and I will have the authority to suspend players/owners for abusing the AI and having outlier stats. I will be just in fair in decisions and will talk to you if there is a problem to see if we can resolve it.
Again any disputes or questions should be directed to BigTexas18 Glen Cieske and Spayer419. I will update this thread as things arise. I just wanted to get a communication thread out there so everyone knows where we are and where we are going. If you see majesty95 or pack1797 please thank them for everything they have done and wish them well in their endeavors. Above all please send a thank you to Mike. Without him none of this is possible. He has layed the ground work for us here and is going to continue to let us use his platform and brand to continue our gaming. We are to keep the standards he has set, and we will NOT stray from that. I suggest everybody read and re-read the rules here because everybody will be held accountable. You should already know them as we have been together for a while.

I also want to thank you. Everyone here reading this and a part of VIP. There has been an outpouring of support with people wanting to help keep this ship sailing, and because of that WE WILL SURVIVE. I appreciate everyone that has asked to help out and we will keep you in mind if we need something done. If you have asked to help, please stay committed to that and be able to help out if we call on you. You guys have shown you want to do what it takes to keep Mike's standards. Without you there is no PX1. Thank you for bearing with us with this transition as we work to take over leadership of VIP. Mike will still help out with operational site mechanics and will pop in to chat every now and then. Let me be the first to say,

Thank you Mike and Pack. You guys have done a hell of a job, and we are going to do our best to keep your brand going and shining!

Paytonno1son Gubber227 CJTHA1 Tigers20 oBUCKNUTo Glen Cieske NightHawkTH32 rkjones217 Blackhawk375 x0xHumblex0x Jbek georgiafan Danperez Jukemwr21 dspbuckle Studley021 Spayer419 Xxclaywilliamxx majesty95 pack1797

Last edited:

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Just want to add that while I'm not a expert on the gameplay side of sim like glen or bigtex is. I'm here to help out with as much as I can both on the site or behind the scenes.

Shaun1126

Prospect
Maybe cause this league is way better and care more I wish u where all in Xbox league and night hawk idk u sent me nasty message man I'm not the on who ruined league I have been here for 1 week u dick

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
We will still follow advance schedule of Tuesday's Thursday's 11PM and Sunday's at 11AM. georgiafan will advance Tuesday's/Thursday's and Spayer419 will advance on Sunday's. The latest State of the Union will be updated to reflect this. Thank you all again for working with us as we figure all the kinks out!

Paytonno1son Gubber227 CJTHA1 Tigers20 oBUCKNUTo Glen Cieske NightHawkTH32 rkjones217 Blackhawk375 x0xHumblex0x Jbek Danperez Jukemwr21 dspbuckle Studley021 Xxclaywilliamxx Imperfect611 Luis3250 Jandy

Jandy

Contributor
Hi guys, I'm new to the league and just joined as the Seahawks. I'm looking forward to sticking around this time and seeing what the league has to offer. I've been following Spayer419's LA Raiders for the past couple seasons, and was also present during last year's draft. I'm a former NCAA player, and frequently lost to Glen Cieske, but I'm loving what I've seen from this year's Madden so far. I'm also a close friend of Jbek and I can't wait to stomp his Cardinals twice a year in the NFC West ;)

Last edited:

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Welcome aboard Jandy you have some pretty big shoes to fill with those 3 but expect you to be a great addition to the league. If you ever need me for anything feel free to send me a pm or something.

Luis3250

All-Star
Hey guys. Just wanted to thank y'all for keeping this going and giving a couple of us xb guys a chance. I traded my xb in for ps just to be able to stay here and enjoy the best madden sim play out there. I just look forward to playing great competition and continuing to learn and grow as a px1 sim player.