True Detective

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Anyone watch this show? I had no idea the number of big name actors that took part, at least in season one. My GF and I have talked about starting it up. Is it worth it? As a point of reference, we have liked 24, Breaking Bad, Homeland, State of Affairs and shows like that. Would True Detective be up our alley?

woodsmall12

All-Star
This series is awesome ... Has a good creep factor to it ... Dark and grimy ... U don't have to watch season 1 to start season 2 ... Season 1 was really woody harrelson and Matt mccaughnehey ... I think the success of season one really drew some bigger names towards the show ... This isn't your usual Rachel McAdams lol

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
This series is awesome ... Has a good creep factor to it ... Dark and grimy ... U don't have to watch season 1 to start season 2 ... Season 1 was really woody harrelson and Matt mccaughnehey ... I think the success of season one really drew some bigger names towards the show ... This isn't your usual Rachel McAdams lol

So what the basic premise? Any similar or relatable shows? Initially I thought it was going to be a reality show where they followed around real detectives like first 48 or something. Then I saw all the stars that were in it. Maybe I'm confusing it with another show too. Not sure. Just see it a lot and have heard some decent reviews from people

woodsmall12

All-Star
Like the movie Seven ... Dark and out there, twisted too ... It's like an on going movie because I think it runs for 10 or 12 episodes ... The story unravels or takes a diff path each week