Top Rated Players in Madden 16

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
EA has been giving us a daily release of the top rated players at each position in Madden 16 since last week. This is a list of the current top rated players in Madden 16 based on what has been released so far. We will continue to update the list as new ratings are revealed.

Top Rated Players in Madden 16

image.img.jpg

QB Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay - 99
TE Ron Gronkowski, New England - 99
RE J.J. Watt, Houston - 99
RG Mashal Yanda, Baltimore - 98
QB Tom Brady, New England - 97
WR Antonio Brown, Pittsburgh - 97
LG Josh Sitton, Green Bay - 97
LOLB Von Miller, Denver - 97
LOLB Justin Houston, Kansas City - 97
CB Richard Sherman, Seattle - 97
CB Darelle Revis, New York Jets - 97
RB Marshawn Lynch, Seattle - 96
WR Dez Bryant, Dallas - 96
LT Jason Peters, Philadelphia - 96
MLB Luke Kechly, Carolina - 96
LE Muhammad Wilkerson, New York Jets - 96
DT Ndamukong Suh, Miami - 96
FS Eric Weddle, San Diego - 96
QB Drew Brees, New Orleans - 95
QB Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh - 95
HB Adrian Peterson, Minnesota - 95
WR Calvin Johnson, Detroit - 95
TE - Jimmy Graham, Seattle - 95
C Nick Mangold, New York Jets - 95
LT Andrew Whitowrth, Cincinnati - 95
LG Evan Mathis, Free Agent - 95
LT Joe Thomas, Cleveland - 95
LE Michael Bennett, Seattle - 95
LE Calais Campbell, Arizona - 95
DT Gerald McCoy, Tamp Bay - 95
FS Earl Thomas, Seattle - 95
K Justin Tucker, Baltimore - 95
K Stephen Gostkowski, New England - 95
P Pat McAfee, Indianapolis - 95

So far Green Bay, New England, Pittsburgh and Seattle top the list with two players each at or above 95 OVR. There are also 21 players total whose overall rating is at least 95. That is interesting since it was rumored that player ratings were lowered across the board. Perhaps that was just related to the speed rating which we've seen has been apparently capped around 94 or 95.

Stay tuned as we will continue to update the list as more ratings are released.Feel free to post your comments below. Agree with the list so far? Who do you think will be added as the week progresses?

Madden 16 Top QB Ratings
Madden 16 Top RB Ratings
Madden 16 Top WR Ratings
Madden 16 Top TE Ratings
Madden 16 Top OL Ratings
Madden 16 Top MLB Ratings
Madden 16 Top OLB Ratings
Madden 16 Top DE Ratings
Madden 16 Top DT Ratings
Madden 16 Top CB Ratings
Madden 16 Top S Ratings
Madden 16 Top K Ratings
Madden 16 Top 5 P Ratings

Last edited:

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Added the DE's to the top players. JJ Watt now joins Rodgers and Gronk as the only 99 OVR players. Anyone else left who could join them?

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I'm not a big fan of 99 in general. As someone mentioned before, that is Hall of Fame stuff. Now, Rodgers is most likely a Hall of Famer, but 99 is basically perfect. I guess if Rodgers has like a 42 TD, 3 INT year we could say he is a 99. But in most cases, I think the best player should be a 97-98. JJ Watt, though, is hard to argue that he doesn't deserve a 99.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Just updated the list with Sherman and Revis. What do you guys think so far?

Personally, I would like to see WAY fewer guys in the 95+ ranges. I'd like to only see about 10-12 players in the 95+ range. Right now we have 29 without safeties, kickers and punters. Ideally, I'd like to see only about 20-25 guys 92 OVR or better. Just the true stars. One-time Pro Bowlers or guys on the verge of that status in the high 80's. I'd like to see the vast majority of players in the 70's, the scrubs handing on in the high 60's and top tier starters who aren't quite Pro Bowl level but better than average in the low to mid-80's. I don't think they are that far off from that, I just think it is still too top heavy with regards to player overalls.