Teddy Bridgewater Turning to Madden to Prepare for Training Camp

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
What do you guys think of this?

I think we've all heard of athletes using video games in some way before. I remember reading a story of how a NASCAR driver used the NASCAR video game to learn the different tracks. I think I've even heard the playbook angle before. I guess it makes sense in some ways.

Bq7CisPCEAAj8qv.jpg:large

Bridgewater says that he has imported the Vikings playbook into Madden 25 and is using that to get extra "virtual reps." I've thought about trying to learn a playbook before. That has to be incredibly difficult, especially for a quarterback. For me, I think I would certainly learn the playbook quicker if I could use it in a game like Madden or NCAA Football.

That also makes me wonder about how games like NCAA (now discontinued) could have expanded upon their core foundation to meet needs like this. Looking at it from just a gamer standpoint, you certainly wanted realistic playbooks and the flexibility to edit your playbooks. However, with over 10,000 college football players out there, there was an extended market that they could have potentially reached by putting more emphasis on playbooks. The, by extension, they would have given their gamers a better product.

I guess we can only hope that the NCAA franchise returns and that EA (or whoever picks it up) can learn from stories like this on how what's "in the game" can actually help grow your gaming franchise.