Seattle Seahawks - TheRawrington

TheRawrington

Contributor
seahawks.jpg
Owner: Tony Gax - Fan favorite, Tony Gax, is a retired HOF RB. While he was drafted by the Browns in 1975, he left after his 4 year rookie contract and came to Seattle where he completely took and had 10,324 rushing yards to go along with 95 TDs. But what made him so dynamic was his pass catching game in which he had 6,364 yards and 56 TDs. His number 26 hangs in Seattle and after long discussions with Seahawks owner Paul Allen, Gax was able to purchase the Seahawks. Gax is one of the least richest owners in the NFL but with his ability to win over the fans and his experience playing the game, he thinks he can create something special in Seattle.

Offense: Playbook TBD - Gax wants to hire an offensive coordinator the can represent his style of play in the 80's. Incase you don't remember, it was a west coast offense that occasionally takes deep shots to keep the defense honest. This offense use screens heavily which made Gax so effective because it countered stack boxes blitzing.

Defense: Playbook TBD (3-4) - While I loved my QB staying up and giving me the ball, what made my 80's Seahawks so effective was blitzing the h*** outta their QB. Look at today's NFL, even Tom Brady struggles somewhat with an effective blitz. It will take some transitioning to a 3-4 defense as the old regime ran the 4-3.

TheRawrington

Contributor
Season 1 Preview - QB

Projected Depth Chart
1. Russell Wilson (91 OVR)
2. Trevone Boykin (63 OVR)
3. Jake Heaps (62 OVR)

Wilson looks as good as he ever has. He is the perfect fit for my offense, his accuracy in the short to mid range is crazy good (93 SAC, 91 MAC) and he has a strong enough arm (93 THP), along with great accuracy as well (88 DAC). Wilson is so versatile which is important to our offense as he can run (86+ SPD ACC AGI) the read option if we choose to add it in our playbook. Finally with our heavy run attack, Wilson can sell the playaction pretty well (81 PAC) and he can get out of trouble (91 Throw on the Run).
Wilson.jpg

TheRawrington

Contributor
Season 1 Preview - HB

Projected Depth Chart
1. Thomas Rawls (80 OVR)
2. CJ Prosise (74 OVR)
3. Christian Michael (72 OVR)

Starter Rawls is good power runner with some moves to make him a pretty decent runner in our offense, however due to his lack of catching ability he will lose snaps to Prosise, who will be the lead 3rd down RB. We are hoping to find more of a three down RB in the offseason unless one of these two can prove them self's capable and consistent. I really want a RB in this offense that represents something like my former self.
rawls.jpg

TheRawrington

Contributor
Season 1 Preview - WR

Projected Depth Chart
1. Doug Baldwin (89 OVR)
2. Jermaine Kearse (80 OVR)
3. Tyler Lockett (80 OVR)
4. Paul Richardson (71 OVR)
5. Open (-- OVR)
6. Open (-- OVR)

Our offensive style works great with out current core as we need speed to get quick separation in our west coast style passing attack. I'm really hoping Lockett can become a star in our offense and I want to get him involved in many different ways. Baldwin is our most reliable option and probably use him as redzone threat along with Graham. The last 2 spots on the depth chart are open for competition during training camp and preseason.

TheRawrington

Contributor
Season 1 Preview - TE

Projected Depth Chart
1. Jimmy Graham (89 OVR)
2. Luke Wilson (78 OVR)
3. Open (-- OVR)

Tight end, like our WRs, fit our offense well with the great speed and release to get quick and fast separation. Graham struggled last year but we plan to get him coming back big time with lots of opportunities in the redzone. With Wilson, we can run more 2 TE sets and my personal favorite Singleback Ace formation.

TheRawrington

Contributor
Season 1 Preview - OL

Projected Starters
LT - Garry Gilliam (72 OVR)
LG - Jermaine Ifedi (75 OVR)
C - Patrick Lewis (71 OVR)
RG - Jahri Evans (?? OVR)
RT - Bradley Sowell (74 OVR)

This is bad news for us right here. While the poor blocking by the offensive line won't really hurt the quick passing game, it limits our ability to run and go deep. Major concern heading into the year and we will have open competition at every spot. We are looking to add RG Jahri Evans and should be able to sign him soon which would be big.

TheRawrington

Contributor
Season 1 Preview - Nose Tackle

Projected Depth Chart
1. Jarran Reed (73 OVR)
2. Ahtyba Rubin (74 OVR)
2. Jordan Hill (72 OVR)

We want to test the Rookie Reed early and often int he season. Nose Tackle may be too much of a difference from college and we are considering moving him to DE. Rubin is definitely a more proven player and we can always play him if Reed struggles. Hill is a likely candidate to move if Reed stays the starter at Nose.

TheRawrington

Contributor
Season 1 Preview - Defensive Ends

Projected Depth Chart
LE

1. Michael Bennett (91 OVR)
2. Frank Clark (68 OVR)
RE
1. Jarran Reed/Jordan Hill (73/72 OVR)
2. DeAngelo Tyson (64 OVR)

Bennett is one the best defensive ends in the NFL and I think he'll transition well to a 3-4 defensive end. With moving Cliff Avril to OLB (he played there in college and with the Lions) Either Reed or Hill will start at the other DE spot.

TheRawrington

Contributor
Season 1 Preview - Outside Linebackers

Projected Starters
1. Cliff Avril (90 OVR)
2. KJ Wright (88 OVR)
3. Tavaris Barnes (62 OVR)
4. Mike Morgan (71 OVR)

Season 1 Preview - Inside Linebackers

Projected Starters
1. Bobby Wagner (88 OVR)
2. Kevin Pierre-Louis (70 OVR)
3. Brock Coyle(66 OVR)

This LB corps is one of the best in the NFL. They all fit the motto we keep around here "Fast and Physical" (Former DC Dan Quinn). We are going to give Kevin the first shot starting at the second Inside LB spot. We love his speed but wondering if he can keep his feet right in pass coverage where he will be on most of his snaps.

TheRawrington

Contributor
Season 1 Preview - DB

Projected Depth Chart
CB:

1. Richard Sherman (92 OVR)
2. Jeremy Lane (77 OVR)
3. Marcus Burley (71 OVR)
4. Tharold Simon (71 OVR)
5. Steven Terrell (68 OVR)
FS:
1. Earl Thomas III (93 OVR)
2. Stanley Jean-Baptiste (66 OVR)
SS:
1. Kam Chancellor(91 OVR)
2. Brandon Browner (73 OVR)

Sherman, Thomas, and Chancellor are some of the best players at their positions. Browner I moved to SS but he needs to prove himself to be clean to me and the coaching staff to stay on the 53 man. I'm not too fond of his attitude he had toward the Saints organize saying "I took the money and ran". We will give Burley the first chance at nickel corner and we are confident with his skill set that he will work out there.