Rules Discussion

woodsmall12

All-Star
The pitching stamina has been broken before and hopefully it's fixed ... With that being said if it's broke then we need to follow thru on the Norma pitching rotation ... Shouldn't be starting our two bests pitchers every start because of a glitch ... Make Sense?

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
The pitching stamina has been broken before and hopefully it's fixed ... With that being said if it's broke then we need to follow thru on the Norma pitching rotation ... Shouldn't be starting our two bests pitchers every start because of a glitch ... Make Sense?

Of course. Figured that's a given, but better stick it in the rules.

Now in dire need of wins, I've seen teams, like the Rangers, use their ace in a 4th start over a 5th. But that should be a rare circumstance.

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
Also needs to make a valiant effort to change the batting lineup. Use the bench players. I think I was reading the other day that in a 162 game season, teams average something like 130 different lineups.

woodsmall12

All-Star
Of course. Figured that's a given, but better stick it in the rules.

Now in dire need of wins, I've seen teams, like the Rangers, use their ace in a 4th start over a 5th. But that should be a rare circumstance.
This would be something maybe at the end of the season or playoff / World Series type scenarios ... Maybe something to consider when plugging in rules bcz Darvish could go games 1, 4, and 7 which sets up a real pitching duel for every game 7 type World Series or do we just stick to normal rotations

Gubber227

Starter
This would be something maybe at the end of the season or playoff / World Series type scenarios ... Maybe something to consider when plugging in rules bcz Darvish could go games 1, 4, and 7 which sets up a real pitching duel for every game 7 type World Series or do we just stick to normal rotations

I agree with this persnonally. A lot of teams will go to a 3 man rotation when it comes to playoff games. Or possibly bring one of your starters in towards the end of the game in a big situation. But again only for playoff games.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Yeah, playoff are completely different than the regular season. But in the regular season we should be using 5-man staffs primarily with an occasional skip of the #5 starter after an off day or something.

dspbuckle

All-Star
I see the rules say 3 series a week (potentially 9 games). How do we handle this? I for one can not play that many games a week

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
With quick pitch on, the games take about 30-40 minutes. So its really like 3 Madden games a week lol. The schedule will be open for you to play 3 series every week. You can schedule or play them at any time and they dont have to be in order (the games within a series should but you can play a series with a user out of order from where it falls on the schedule for that week if need be). You can always choose to have your CPU games simmed if you cannot play them as well.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
ah! Interesting. I'll have to see this mode.

Quick counts basically starts each batter with a count between 0-1 and 3-2. Its just designed to speed up games. Most of the games I play there aren't many walks so it helps with those too lol

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
I believe it's also based on the batter and pitcher. If you have a solid strikeout pitcher like Hamels you'll get a lot of pitchers counts

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I don't know in a 40-game season. Do we need to? I think some will platoon. Probably not realistic to play all 40 games but I'm not sure how we should manage it